Bill Halter to challenge Blanche Lincoln in primary
It was only a matter of time. Arkansas Lieutenant Governor/former Clinton Administration employee/Rhodes Scholar Bill Halter announced today his primary challenge to conserva-dem Blanche Lincoln. The primary election will take place on May 18th.
A host of progressive groups -- including Progressive Change Campaign Committee, Moveon.org, Democracy for America and Daily Kos -- are launching a fundraising drive on Halter's behalf. The goal has been set for $500,000 to be raised in one week.
In a Rassmusen Report survey from February 2, it was reported that Lincoln was trailing her closest GOP rivals including Kim Hendren. Hendren had to make a public apology last year for calling New York Senator Charles Schumer "that Jew".
This is what Arkansas has to work with.
- Atlantic article "Not So Fast, Halter Primaries Lincoln"
- Huffington Post article here
- Rasmussen Report
- From Fire Dog Lake: Accountability Now
- (from Salon 2008): The campaign we announced back in March to target "Bad Democrats," which has now evolved into Accountability Now and the Strange Bedfellows coalition, is designed to develop strategies for addressing that dilemma (I first announced and detailed how that coalition works here). Grounded in the premise that the Democrats are going to control both houses of Congress for the foreseeable future -- a premise virtually nobody disputes -- the primary objective has to be to alter the behavior of those who control the Congress.
- Greenwald - targeting bad democrats