Algis Kemezys

June 28
Title
Co-Director
Company
BAK
Bio
Internationally exhibited Photographer/Documentary filmmaker, Sculptor, Dowser, Scrabble enthusiast, Geomancer, Iatromant, gourmet chef

Editor’s Pick
JANUARY 6, 2011 5:29AM

Good-Bye Yahoo Video as we knew it! :-(

Rate: 14 Flag
          This posts  video content will disappear on March 15, 2011

I am quite shocked today. Much to my great surprise Yahoo Video is closing its site and starting afresh. I cannot imagine the reasons why , but I still want to cry.
Many years ago they featured one of my first videos. Quantum Physics in India. It was fun/great/awesome being on the front page and seeing numbers go up like I had never before. I felt so real and alive.
       No, it never went viral but it was always number one or two in the Science & Environment section of Yahoo Video even though other videos got more hits. I really liked that it would always return to the number one spot. http://video.yahoo.com/explore/videos/categories/science  It Felt like I had a guardian angle  looking out for me. They also featured my Mimetoliths Video and that was comforting as well. The big closing will occur March 15, 2011.

yahoo Being number one at any popular video site is always very sad to loose.

In a way it is like losing ones children. Thats probably because I don't have any  because I realized long ago, I would never be able to gaurantee them any sort of home or education. So these videoschildren of mine were all my hopes, dreams and wishes for some kind of old age. Now......Not.

If your going to watch any of these please do see this one below because the music contains my personal sentiment and more.

So,.......If thoughts of OS closing brought on fears of the unknown to it's dynamic users , this is something that even the Big Sites like YAHOO do as I am clearly witnessing. Remember, if you like Yahoo video...watch it while you can. Below are some of  my best rated videos & comments from over the years. As you can see it's a tough wish and a dream counting numbers and comments as something to cherish in ones bankrupt old age.

As George Harrison said...All things must pass.

Below are my videos that passed the 1000 hit mark.

Stats

• 110,606 views
  • 128 favorites
  • 34 comments

Below are my comments for Quantum Physics in India

Moses M | 6 months ago

Jesus is Coming again very soon.. Its time to repent and receive Him in your heart before its too late... In Him was Life and the Life was the light of men . jn 14 Ask Him into your heart, receive ZOE Life, become a righteous New Creature In Christ!!

KumaraG | 16 months ago

Beyond the safron robes,the spicy samozas,and the hypnotic clink of the jallras`,India is still a state of the mind ..and will always remain so. Kumara

zaki | 24 months ago

C'est du n'importe quoi, les gens n'ont pas de religion.

Moses M | 26 months ago

IF YOU MISS THE RAPTURE Some of you may be thinking what is the rapture. To those of you who are thinking this the rapture is the catching up or the taking away of the Church, The Body of Christ. Those people who have called on the name of the Lord and are saved. Matthew 24 36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Romans 10 the 1st thing that you need to do is to get saved. Romans 10 the next thing that you need to do is to not take the mark of the beast 666. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TAKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST, 666!

eingle98 | 32 months ago

Everytime I see a video about India I really think it's a place of different ideas and concepts.The Harmony mentioned in this video has great importance considering the world is falling apart again...

pebaloo | 32 months ago

What a colorfull place with such interesting looking locals.

mapangis | 32 months ago

I have always admired India and with this movie you paint a rather colorfull picture. India seems just so full of unexpected surprises n and amazing concepts. I really hope to visit that country one day. Thanks for the interesting views that the smallest of the smallest and the biggest of the biggest are one and the same.

telakis765 | 33 months ago

What a unusual trip to India with good food&footage for thought....

Anon Y. Mouse | 34 months ago

There are many points of view about India and mostly those spoken by ourselves with little or no knowledge of the place. Here s a good approximation of the place in spirit, heart and soul plus Quantum Physics thrown in for good measure....Good luck to you too!

valcohe | 35 months ago

You dance to a different beat . I like that.

oldfontaine | 35 months ago

The Indias have the ability to think on many different levels and still relate it to themselves. I wonder what the Beatles or John Lennon would think ?

Ben Eggs | 35 months ago

who would have thought that science and religion could be so compatible, such perfect bed-fellows. Only the Indians! Could work, beautiful images.

epfond | 35 months ago

So glad to have seen it.

Anon Y. Mouse | 35 months ago

I came back to this video after two months and find it even more exciting than before. It just rolls off the screen onto the deepest recesses of the mind.

Algis.Kemezys | 35 months ago

You know in India you can have a great spiritual conversation just about anywhere. I miss that. After 8 years of Photographing the Holy Cows I can to witness over a dozen counts where the Cows read my mind and responded in a manner that was most astoundingly accurate. You can see some of these photographs at pbase.com at this link. nhttp://www.pbase.com/alkeme/holycow__a_portrait_of_india

Anon Y. Mouse | 37 months ago

Just when you thought all life was difficult then this comes along and says things are truely different. HMmmm

devasila76 | 37 months ago

I am quite pleased to have seen this video. It has lots of color and offers such a nice view of that village. One day I hope to visit India to experience and share in that culture.

cryroux8x | 37 months ago

In life things can go pretty easy if you follow your true self and forget what others preach to you. This makes the whole process very practical keeping one atunes with all things important. Still I am a Christian but these values only make my person faith stronger. I would like to hear more indepth details of how he feels about being one with god as opposed to molecules and what not. Still it is wonderfull to watch and takes you far far away from your everyday thoughts and feelings...

Anon Y. Mouse | 37 months ago

The prime function of video is to inform. But unretouched information is too sobering. This video informs and persuades, but it also refreshes the eye and strokes the soul. A mini-masterpiece!

Anon Y. Mouse | 37 months ago

I am quite positive about the vibe I get from this video....and it s GREAT !!! Like your images and timing too !!!

ashcodex | 37 months ago

At first I thought this video a little slow,but as it continues one has considerable desire to see more and hear more. I am not sure if this is truely the meaning of life but it gives a good jumpstart to thoughtfull consideration to what exactly is the meaning of life...

rayban888 | 37 months ago

Beautifull place beatifull philosophy... Does this professor live there in that town ? Think I shall be heading to India next.....ThanX

intellect99ca | 37 months ago

the poetry of the pictures rings beautifully with the words of the physicist, demonstrating his assertion that all of existence is one and the things that divide us almost vanish into insignificance compared with the things we hold in common, not just with one another but with all things.

barbarafi | 37 months ago

I liked your video, the iconic figures and landscapes and above all the professor who so earnestly explains his solution for world harmony. I m going to send this to my friend who is Hindu. Her name is Judy and she will surely love it.

1chichimec | 38 months ago

All too true, to bad he is the wrong color.. not a white man... therefore the truth must be discounted for another 5000 yrs. only the gringo knows!

Schroedinger's Cat in Pandora's Box | 39 months ago

For more on connections btw Quantum Physics & Eastern philosphy read: The Dancing Wu Li Masters by Gary Zukav. Quantum physics proves that many philosophical/religious notions in the West are WRONG! nAncient Indian mathematicians developed the concept of the number ZERO. Their number system was borrowed by Arabs & became known as the Arabic numeral system. Roman numerals have no ZERO - which makes calculations very difficult. Without this superior number system from India, Europe never would have gotten out of the Dark Ages! There would ve been no discoveries by Galileo & Newton. The concept of ZERO came from Hindu/Buddhist idea of nothingness . It was originally written as a single dot to symbolize an empty one-pointedness of mind obtained during deep meditation when one can commune directly w/ The Infinite. The idea of ZERO led India to develop the first Base-10 number system, which led to many mathematical advances & to binary number system which makes all computing possible!

BrendaR | 39 months ago

ZZ Top travel home and share family video showing life style food drink and pets. Brief jam session with family members in true rock music.

Wire | 39 months ago

His message is about as relevant as the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus. This video has nothing to do with science. How do people fall for this idiocy?

joe | 39 months ago

I dont know too much on quantum physics so research is needed but it seems he not saying that he can relate everyone togather because we are human and have religon.

KellyS | 39 months ago

Well done. I might need to watch it again to understand it a little better. n-THE SMIDGITS DUDE.

Susan R | 39 months ago

I really enjoyed this video and responded to its universal message. The idea that quantum physics reveals a substratum that pervades everything and that all of nature is comprised of the same fundamental infinitely minute and infinitely grand essences is wondrous, awe-inspiring and unifying. We are all sacred, pulsating vibrations and neither cultural, economic or religious differences can take away the root fact of our common physical, spiritual heritage. It was interesting to see the array of colorful images of India, sacred and profane, and hear the ideas of this professor weaving a connection between both in light of his understanding of physics and spirituality. I found this video to be an effective commentary on a truth I hold dear: the origin of the earth is one; the origin of the world is one; the origin of all humankind is one; the origin of all religions is one.

Ben Eggs | 39 months ago

It s not uncommon in India to unravel great mysteries by simply observing the particularities and minutiae of daily life. It s a landscape of survival in a tapestry of human awe and human mis-steps. Nature itself is part of the vast constellation of Indian divinities, as are the images of everyday events on its timeless streets. Bravo Kemezys, for illuminating so much with such a charming portrait of the village of Orcha. He must have been listening to the wind.

Algis.Kemezys | 37 months ago

Thanks for all the smart, beautifull and insightfull comments. Truely of all places on earth India is the only place where spiritual conversations can be had just about anywhere and at any time...

srikant s | 39 months ago

I really liked the video. However, some challenges are out of the purview of pure physics or rather quantum physics. Complete social harmony is inconceivable in a class society. A classless society, that is a socialist society is a precondition for social harmony. This does not mean that a socialist society will have no unharmonious incidences. But the major factor for disharmony, i.e class division will not be there in a socialist society. nAnyway, I highly appreciated the content of the video and I think more and more such themes need to be conceived and shown to the people.

Stats

• 13,800 views
  • 12 favorites
  • 9 comments

Petra | 30 months ago

DID YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS MOST DANGEROUS THING TO DO BECAUSE OF AVALANCHES or thunderstorm etc.? i see your point of art end expressing yourself but do it in your garden and don't possibly kill the animals or people by doing this on the hills. Thank you

eingle98 | 32 months ago

My girlfriend has been making these sort of rock piles. Glad to see someone has taken it to such an interesting level.

pebaloo | 32 months ago

I used to collect rocks with my girlfriend when we went to special places and found one. Maybe it's time to look for something else in the rocks, now that I see another world of Possibilities.

telakis765 | 33 months ago

My sister used to collect rocks. I never asked why, but now I want to take a closer look at them. Maybe some of them have faces too.Which would make you two kindred spirits.

Anon Y. Mouse | 34 months ago

Surprisingly fun to watch and listen to. Is your rock work influenced by any recognised practicioners ? I was thinking it reminded me of Andy Goldworthy.

valcohe | 35 months ago

Hey this is fun to watch. I have seen a few to where I live in NA. Good fun keep it up.

cryroux8x | 37 months ago

I found this movie particularly pleasing and had to watch it twice....

ashcodex | 37 months ago

This video is very surprising because who would think so many surprising rock faces could be found....but now that I think of it , really they are everywhere, if you look for them !!!

rayban888 | 37 months ago

This just goes to show how wonderfull and fasinating this planet really is! Loved the video please submit some more.

Stats

• 1,449 views

Your tags:

TIP:

Enter the amount, and click "Tip" to submit!
Recipient's email address:
Personal message (optional):

Your email address:

Comments

Type your comment below:
Algis, as one of your strongest admirers I spent an entire day watching every single video you'd published online when you first posted here. I am happy I did and will continue to seek you out in other areas of cyberspace outside of Yahoo. ~r
A sad, cautionary tale with an important lesson. Back up your computer (I went through that nightmare in May and lost everything) and don't expect anything to be permanent. Nothing is. Great video(s). So sorry to see them going out of the public eye, Algis.
ThroughMyEyes: I love you for that too. I truly hope all goes well for you in the new year. My best regards 4 ever....if anything lasts forever.

cartouche: Yeah I wish I had. I thought this would be permanent.
Thanks for the note on permanency. Best regards 4 ever as well.IYKWIM.
You have a gift for this video stuff. Very enjoyable!
Micheal :You have a gift for saying the right thing too. THX& HNY
What I know you could put in a thimble and have room left over, but can you publish these elsewhere before the die date? The nature of the WWW is that it is impermanent, and yet there is a permanency to it. Just ask someone who has had a negative post put up with their name in the title..., but I digress. You have a worthy collection here, A.
Yeni yılınızı kutlar, sağlık ve başarılar dileriz, Algis.
I rated this when you first put this up this morning. I've been back and forth and finally, that George Harrison Video blew me away. All Things Must Pass, Indeed!
Ooohhh, I'm intrigued and without time. I'll be back to watch!
Change, change, always change. and not always for the better.
So much beauty in one place. I hope you will have these available on UTube or someplace else. I did not have time to see them all today, but I surely want to see them soon.
Rated with much admiration for your considerable talent
You create fenomenal stuff, Algis. I'm sorry the site is closing and you feel loss. I'm glad there is still time to come back and watch your work.
Great to see the world from your point of view. I like the rocks, I like the nature, but really, I love the cats. Because I am a cat fan. I think we need to start a Cat Club here at OS. You can be president. :)
Gabby Abby: Yes, many of these are at Youtube but because I was featured at Yahoo I put more up there hoping to get a job somehow.
Well the best laid plans of mice and men.... Thanks

Leon Freilich OK.....& Thanks ? What language was that?

scanner : Thanks for the return visit. The GH video is not mine though and put in just for the pun of it.

Just Thinking... Ch Ch Ch changes as David Bowie sang. Thanks !

RomanticPoetess You made my morning and more with that comment. Best wishes to U and more Thanks !

catch-22: Thanks so much, I will survive !
I often worry about sites I love, including this one, and whether all of the brilliance I admire will last. The Net is fickle--we all are in this age of everything, all the time. But things can disappear so much more quickly and decisively now. I had stopped downloading videos I loved but I may begin again. Thanks for sharing yours with us!
Keka, Thanks so much for that thought. Yes things are going the way of the Dodo esp the Bees.
They are so beautiful you have this eye that is incredible. Yes I hope you have saved them..
Algis, This is all so amazing, I am stunned it will be gone! I began watching the top videos and am mesmerized by the beauty and music. I will look forward to watching the rest throughout my day, some with my grand daughter, who is fascinated by watching videos on my computer! She is only 21 months but will benefit from much of this beauty and visual magic. Thank you so much for this incredible effort.