Ten Reasons Why White People
Just Can’t Stop Writing About Black People
A group of white folks had a get-together at the National Review this past weekend on a subject near and dear to their white hearts: “the white people’s summit on the problems of black people.” The National Review that clearly thinks of themselves as a racially inclusive magazine despite its connection to books like “The Bell Curve” and institutions like the American Enterprise Institute as evidenced by their racially balanced contributors at the summit (4 white men and 2 white women) all equally well-versed in black culture and the issues in black communities. But after reading the article about that ever-perplexing question: “why can’t blacks keep up with whites in America?,” it becomes abundantly clear that this endless pursuit for scatological knowledge about the black condition in America is endless. White folks are so civic-minded about the black condition that they can’t help but to mandate and pursue panels and summits because white folks just can’t get enough of or stop thinking about blacks in America.
I mean, from my experienced perspective as a black person living in America, my condition is pretty easy to explain. Just review those ten issues at the bottom of this page and you too will begin to wonder why, after all of these years, just what is it that fascinates white academics, white folks in the media and of course the infrequent ordinary white person about black folks that live in America. I mean, the results of each one of the studies all conclude the same way: blacks just can’t keep up - case closed. But the facts are facts and in this case “what is it about those black folks” is a question that has never really been fully answered, that is, at least in white folks circles.
I know that it would be almost impossible to assemble five or six black folks in one place to discuss “why white folks got it like that!” Upon reflection, it would be impossible to gather five or six white and black folks together to discuss anything about white folks!
So, just why do white folks keep getting together to discuss black folks? It can’t be the catered free meals. Perhaps it’s simply because they are all closet niggah lovers!~
- The NBA – it’s painfully true - only some white guys can get air and dunk
- Baseball – everybody knows it helps to hit homeruns if baby got back!
- RAP – even old white guys blast it in NYC with their tops down.
- OJ Simpson – yeah, whatever happened to Robert Blake?
- Tiger Woods – so much black ink wasted on a half-black man
- White/Black Equality – even that fabled forty acres and a mule would be a start!
- Untrustworthy in public places : Gads – the constant allure of old white women’s purses!
- Rhythm – dancing with the stars, Kaye Gosselin, and Joe Cocker
- Inferior intelligence – Butterfly McQueen and how she “played” Scarlett into doing her chores.
- Jerry Springer and Guests – Oops sorry; he and they, for the most part, weren’t black!