Open Salon seemed to be down a half a day yesterday and it turns out I missed it so I thought a bit, nothing enlightened as a rogue landscaper stole my banyan tree and my lotus won't bloom until July, a cat shit in my sand garden, and I just felt stupid for sitting under an apple tree when one hit me on the head;
1. I read Open Salon most weekdays but I seldom read Salon- Glenn Grenwald loathes President Obama, the "Arts" presented are pop or commercial and most articles are reviews of articles or books I can read for myself
2. what I love about Open Salon is all the life experiences, viewpoints, and humor- almost every day I find something I did not know or am impressed by the talent of "ordinary" people
3. I must admit I enjoy the conveniently packaged thoughts of others- no buying of drinks, fighting over tabs, staring at a dog or cat waiting for the host nor attempting not to notice farts, body odors or waiting until they finish a story so I can go piss- damnable aging
4. I have no idea how spam generates money but there must be some reason it is becoming the beer cans of the internet
5. anger doesn't really work- it seems to work on radio and cable but on Open Salon it only creates the village idiot screaming on a street corner- most of us cross the street when coming to your block
6. humor is enjoyable but then I think- they were being funny?
7. My attempts at humor amuse the hell out of me but my wife Lisa frowns at them "Do you want people to know you're bat shit crazy?"
8. People thinking I'm "bat shit crazy" amuses me
9. I have no idea why I rate anything except it pleases me to do so. Asking me to rate something seems to take some of the joy from it
10. I should avoid politics-but I won't
11. Liberal is a lovely word even when preceded by an ignorant adjective, it sounds well cultured. I understand that others are jealous of it