6. bullshit bingo
: a phrase describing a game that can be played in large meetings. The players write down management-nonsense word speak e.g. "Out-of-the-box-thinking", "Synergy", "Content streamlining" etc. in a 5 x 5 square box bingo card. If a word or phrase is used during the meeting you check the box and when you get a five box line (up, down, or across) you shout "BULLSHIT!".
Company Drone: "...and that is why this merger is going to benefit shareholder value by creating value driven content with..."
Company Drone: "You're fired!"
7. R.I.Q. : Room Intelligence Quotient. The level of intelligence of an audience or group. Used to indicate the need to present content in a way that appeals to the lowest common denominator. Can be used in any group situation, especially business meetings; originated in the standup comedy culture.
"Speak slowly and use small words, there's a pretty low R.I.Q. in there".
8. retronym: a modified name given to an item when a newer form of an item forces a name change to differentiate between the old and new.
An stereo is a retronym for what used to be known as a record player
9. cheedle: the reddish-orange, dusty residue left on your fingers after eating a bag of Cheetos.
"What's all over your hands?"
10. phonytail: a. the bit of hair grown longer by a balding man so he can comb it over his bald patch. b. A pony tail of such diminutive stature as to be considered fake, or too small to be considered a real pony tail c. a pony tail made up of hair extensions
"I was lovin' on her hair and her damn phonytail came off in my hand".
11. intexticated: a. a state of inattention while texting that results in falling, stumbling, loss of direction, furniture injuries, and pedestrian collision. b. texting while driving
"Tink was arrested...he was intexticated".
12. nonversation: A completely worthless conversation. Typically occurs at parties, bars, and sports events where meaningful conversation is nearly impossible, or with someone who talks but says nothing
"What a nonversation. I couldn't get away from that oxygen hog".
13. pisshap: an unfortunate leakage of urine onto ones clothing
"Still in the can. He had a pisshap and he's got his pants under the hand dryer".
14. cell phone samba: the erratic movements of someone trying to get cell phone service
"How did you get down there?"
"That dude doin' the cell phone samba knocked right into my ladder!"
15. hit the slide: to quit ones job in a truly stunning and overly dramatic fashion, Steven Slater style.
"What's going on in here?"
"Bea stapled the boss's tie to his forehead and hit the slide".
16. party promise: the comments one makes that lack any intention of follow through, generally made when exiting a conversation or gathering; opposite of 'pinky swear'
"Weren't you going for drinks with Matt?"
"Of course not, that was a party promise, silly".
17. TBA (2 b added)...watch this space
20. lexifabricography: desperately inventing a word to substitute for one that you can't think of right now.
"The folks at Pseudodictionary.com are at the forefront of the scholarly pursuit of lexifabricography".