Do you love coconut?
Do you think the only thing better than coconut is the sinfully delicious combination of coconut and chocolate?
Then please read on.
Coconut Haystack Cookie
With just five ingredients, including the chocolate for dipping, these cookies are easy and foolproof. Yet, they look pretty enough to share. Share? Well, it is the season for giving, right?
And unlike most holiday cookies, these will keep in the fridge for up to a month without becoming stale, posing a threat to even the most well-intentioned 2010 diet resolution.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups coconut
4.25 oz. Hershey's Symphony Bar with Almonds and Toffee
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and heat until golden.
2. Stir in cream, powdered sugar and coconut.
3. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and chill for 15 minutes.
4. When still slightly tacky to the touch, shape into mounds and chill again for 30 minutes.
5. Break up chocolate and melt over a double boiler.
6. Dip the bottoms of each cookie into the melted pool of chocolate yum and place on waxed paper. Chill until chocolate solidifies.
7. Gorge yourself!