This is my first blog post, I am a newbie joiner, long time lurker. I decided that since so many posters seemed to speak straight to my heart, and to warm my soul, that I might join in. What better way to start than 25 things?
- I love to play devil's advocate, to be the contrarian who dares point out when the emperor wears no Prada.
- I love to cook, sometimes even well. I soak up ideas but make up my own dishes. No one has died yet, and there's always frozen pizza.
- I was not supposed to be born. I have succeeded in life despite cerebral palsy.
- Spring is my favourite season.
- I love thunder storms, and lightening.
- I have wide musical tastes - Talking Heads. Neil Young. Mozart. Diana Krall. Lighthouse. Rachmaninoff. Wynton Marsalis. Chet Baker, to name a few.
- I never had a serious girlfriend before my wife. All of the rest were ridiculous, including a woman I dated on and off for two years. I dated a lot, but never seriously. My record was 20 dates in one month with 12 different women.
- Maybe I should have kept dating. The marriage gave me two great sons, but otherwise is best not discussed.
- I have never broken a bone. I had tonsils out, huge rehab as a child. Maybe some corrective surgery in the dim mists of infancy.
- I read way too much fiction, and not enough non-fiction.
- I have no artistic talent, but love art and architecture.
- I love the rain. Especially long walks together in the rain.
- I swam for therapy from prememory to gr 8, then did not swim at all til I was an adult. My lack of stamina now embarrasses me. I have never skied.
- I am both a romantic and a cynic.
- Some people claim I lack a sense of humour. That's not funny.
Feminists have always been my best role models.
- If I could quit driving, I would, but I live in a city with wretched public transit.
- Recession or not, we must not lose sight of the environment, for our grandcholdren's sake.
I love to be touched, and to touch. I crave it.
I cry at sad things all the time, often spontaneously without warning.
I love to laugh, but need to laugh more.
I am a voyeur. Also, a bit of an exhibitionist. Not a lot. Just love the thrill.
I am not sexually inhibited, which I think contrasts with expectations based upon my packaging.
I try every day to be the best me I can be that day.
- Every day I get out of alive is a precious gift.
The bonus item is that I may have an Open Salon adiction. Is there a 12 step program for that?