Right at this moment I am grateful for:
1) The spring sun sparkling on the green leaves outside my window.
2) Working from home today! I don't FEEL like going into the office, so I don't have to.
3) The fresh blueberries, vanilla yogurt and plain cake donut that is waiting for me in the kitchen.
4) The perfect evening I spent last night out in the warm windy air, drinking wine, eating guacamole and talking with my friend about our day, our struggles and those moments when something that we glimpse in a stranger makes us love them.
5) How my spiritual director lightens my load, frees up my soul. When I am with her I cry, cry, cry and then I leave feeling like someone has seen my heart and I am okay and everything is going to be all right.
6) My 110-year-old dog has been such a cute, curmudgeonly companion all these years. May he stay around for a couple of years more...
7) Summer is near! Time for patio parties, swimming in the sun, and maybe a vacation somewhere...
8) Yesterday's good news that my boss will be sticking around for awhile. I love her and wouldn't want to stay at my job without her.
9) There are so many cardinals around this year! They are my favorite bird -- I love seeing flashes of red in the trees and hearing their call.
10) I have a summer project to work on -- editing the picture book I wrote last spring-- and hopefully sending it off to be published.
What's wonderful where you are?