I challenge everyone that reads this or has favorited me to do this to help each other learn a bit more about who we are as people, as bloggers, as individuals outside of the screen we read. It's simple--ten things that everyone who knows you would be able to say about you and ten things that only you would know (or a rare few).
Ten Things Everyone Knows About Me
1. I hate winter: It's just too cold and I am deathly afraid of ice.
2. I love music: I cannot go a day without singing.
3. I am a proud pet owner: Morrissey and Imogene also reflect two of my favorite musical artists. Go figure.
4. I am going to school to become a nurse: After years of indecision, I realized my instinct is to heal.
5. I work in customer service: It's a shitty job but it has paid the bills for six years.
6. I am a lesbian: I am engaged to a wonderful woman who has been there for me for the last 3 years unfailing.
7. I am a Christian: I attend a Disciples of Christ church and believe in peace and love.
8. I adore makeup: Bordering on obsession, I can say I own more in makeup than what my whole wardrobe is worth.
9. I am superstitious: Not to the degree that I wear lucky socks or anything, but I can't help holding buttons and throwing salt.
10. I am very family-oriented: I hold my family (and friends I've drawn into my family) close to my heart.
Ten Things Hardly Anyone Knows About Me
1. I can't see out of half of my left eye: I have optic neuritis that hasn't gone away for a long time.
2. I idolize the Victorian era: I think the prudishness needs to be lost, but I love the high fashion and double entendre.
3. I like to dance: I didn't say I was any good, I just like to do it.
4. I'm a survivor of abuse: My formative years weren't good at all.
5. I have stage fright: I think it's anxiety-related, but I have pretty severe stage fright.
6. I have a history of self-harm: I started cutting at age 12 and have cut off and on since.
7. I'm fairly intelligent: I have to play dumb to get by, but I am pretty smart.
8. I actually like the macabre: As a child, I studied plagues on my own volition and spent hours studying fatal heart conditions.
9. I disowned my father: My biological father has not been a part of my life but for two weeks of my adult life (and they were not good).
10. I dream of lofty ambitions: I am constantly looking towards something better for myself and my family.
Now... Your Turn! Go!