Congratulations, Mr. Obama, on your solid thrashing of whatever the hell that was running against you. I look forward to four more years of peace and prosperity.
Darn you, Ohio, for totally ruining an otherwise suspenseful evening with your thoughtful sensibility.
Thank you, Nate Silver, for telling the truth when no one else would. You deserve a big raise.
Way to go, GOP, for campaigning in the wrong states. You might try the ones that matter next time.
Much obliged, Karl Rove, for failing your party again. Even I could get 200 electoral votes for the GOP simply by running ads showing unicorns playing pinochle.
Tough luck, Sheldon Adelson and David & Charles Koch. Even though you wasted .00000001% of your vast fortunes on this election I'm sure you can easily recoup the loss by increasing the price of gruel in your company commissaries.
And, finally, thank you to The Fates for gifting me with one heck of an excellent birthday present.
Addendum: Although Mr. Obama's victory was due in no small part to the peculiarities of the Electoral College it was most impressive when compared to what he was up against:
(1) All the billionaire money in the world. In 2008 Mr. Romney spent $45 million dollars of his own money on his campaign, and that was just for the Republican primaries. This he spent year $0 of his vast fortune. Thank you, Supreme Court, for unleashing Citizens United and forever putting our government into the hands of those who would gladly sell us for the gold in our teeth.
(2) A media that is firmly in the hands of men who oppose Mr. Obama. Specifically the Fox News network, which should quit fooling around and officially rebrand themselves as "The Propaganda Mouthpiece of the GOP".
(3) A Congress that did absolutely nothing to help the economy for the past two years and subsequently blamed the President for their indolence.
(4) The most ignorant electorate on the face of this Earth. Fifty million otherwise well-intentioned people watched the Republican candidate do a complete 180 on his principles less than two months before the election and thought nothing of it. A candidate whose only real skill was extracting money from the wallets of the working class.
(5) Good, old-fashioned racism.
If the Obama presidency was written as a work of fiction ten years ago no one would have believed it. It is truly a thing of mythic proportion.
A hearty salute to you, Mr. President. You are, indeed, an elite.
- Dallas, Texas, USA
- November 06
- My Googlable name is Mike Stanfill. I'm an illustrator, animator, web designer, cartoonist, cranky old geezer and much, much less. If you like my comic, or are easily influenced by people you don't know, then you can find lots more to overstimulate your neocortex at farleftside.com.
MY RECENT POSTS
- It's not just a job, it's 239
days off and a pension.
May 30, 2014 10:56AM
- How to Kill Your Children. A
primer for modern America.
May 28, 2014 10:40AM
- Square scandals, round hole.
May 26, 2014 11:45AM
- H. G. Wells had it right.
May 19, 2014 01:41PM
- "I think I can, I think I
May 16, 2014 01:10PM
MY RECENT COMMENTS
- “BOKO, your
"source-point" method still
has the distinct aroma
May 07, 2014 01:27PM
- “Stay classy,
April 28, 2014 02:08PM
- “But I wrote this one
just for you, Jonathan.”
April 25, 2014 01:48PM
- “Note: I added the chart.
Thank you. Thank you. You're
kind. Please sit
April 23, 2014 11:09AM
- “The Pentagon is
surrounded by video cameras.
On 9-11 th FBI
April 18, 2014 01:43PM