My mother was a second grade teacher for 25 years. And she always came home with funny things her students said or did during the day. Here is an email I received from her this morning that I thought you all would enjoy. The story goes that a 1stgrade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class and she gave each child in her classroom the first half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!
1. Don't change horses... until they stop running
.2. Strike while the... bug is close.
3. It's always darkest... before Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of... termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water... but How?
6. Don't bite the hand... that looks dirty.
7. No news is... impossible.
8. A miss is as good as a... Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new... Math
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll... stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust... Me.
12. The pen is mightier than the... pigs.
13. An idle mind is the best way to... relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's... pollution.
15. Happy the bride who... gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is... not much.
17. Two's company, three's... the Musketeers.
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what you... put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry... and you have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as ... Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not... spanked.
22. If at first you don't succeed... get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you... see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind leads the blind... get out of the way.25. A bird in the hand... is going to poop on you.
And the WINNER!
26. Better late than... going to school.