* only part of me knows what I am talking about
* something enormous or quite small must be free
* this idea I was thinking about, then this opening, then I just fell in
* I need to invent
* I don't want prose pushing me around
* fuck syntax
* music is all hear, so word is all, here
* there's something I don't know and this poem will tell me what it is
* poem made me do it
* language is more important than meaning?
* meaning is more important than coherency?
* coherency can only be found in heartsong?
* heartsong requires this exact language?
* I break the second grade spell and kiss every word
* poetry is the ultimate arbiter of all we must administer
* poetry decides what matters
* fuck matters, fuck pertains, fuck relates: is it perfect and beautiful?
* it was gorgeous in my head so I wrote it down
* poetry wears me like a boy's torn breeches, but I have a penknife
* I write my poetry like a pistol pans for gold,
like tatted lace speaks Greek,
like widows crowd for rollercoasters
* for this reason alone:
we are apes eating pancakes,
with dollops of clotted cream,
in the funge of the grave