1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
My first prom date was my first love. See below. We went to the prom, and afterwards, went to the beach, where we stayed all night until the sun came up. It was magical. Then we went to his house where his father made us breakfast.
2. Who was your FIRST love and do you still talk with him/her?
My first love lived 1500 miles away. I turned 15 the first summer my brother, the incomparable Nanatehay, and I spent with our cousins far away. My first love was my cousin's best friend. He lived across the road. It was the best summer of my life. My brother, me, two cousins, their friends. And my granny there taking care of us all. We're facebook friends, and we chat a bit here and there.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I believe it was Cold Duck. Anyone remember that?
4. What was your FIRST job?
I hate answering this one. I worked at a fast food restaurant as a cashier. Oh the humiliation.
5. What was your FIRST car?
A 1971 Ford LTD. Gargantuan. I called it the SS JLynne. It floated down the road.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
Technically it was my son who was going to bed at 1am, and he sent me a goodnight text.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
I'm drawing a complete blank on first grade. Can't remember much between 1st and 3rd grade.
9. When and where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
I was 14 and flew with my brudder to see our cousins in New Hampshire.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
My first best friend was Sarah. She lived next to me. I lost track of her after we moved away when I was 9. I've tried to find her, but can't!
11. Where was your FIRST sleepover?
Like, with a friend? I don't know. Probably Sarah. Maybe 2nd best friend Leigh Anne. Who I also lost track of.
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
Not sure who came first, Denise or Amy's wedding. Circa 1991.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Got dressed. That's all you get.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Bob Seger baby! I was 13 and went with my oldest brother, the one and only Trig, and some of his friends, including his very cute friend named Trent somethingsomething who I had a serious crush on. Hmmm...Facebook? Trig???
16. FIRST tattoo?
17. FIRST piercing?
Ears when I was 17 and my first love talked me into it. I was terrified to do it and never would have if he didn't want it. No piercings since.
18. FIRST foreign country you've been to?
Mexico. I went with my whacky friend Marlo when I was 16. She was 15 and drove us across the border into Tijuana. We ate some strange food (strange for me at the time). We drove around. Then as the sun went down, and we decided we'd better get our American selves out of there, she decided to stop at a liquor store and get some "real" tequila, with the worm in it. I was totally freaked at the idea of going in to a liquor store there. At dark. In Mexico. The only white people around. Teenagers. No adults. But sure enough, we went in and her bold and blonde aged beyond her years self bought two bottles of tequila with worms. Never drank a drop of it.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing in the theater?
I remember seeing Snow White with brothers and cousins when we were all real little. We saw it at a theater in, I think, South Dakota, on a hot summer day when I was about 5. I remember walking out into the heat after the dark and coolness of the theater. Good memories.
20. FIRST Detention you had?
Say what?? First detention? How about NO detention!
21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
First and current state: Kansas. I dabbled in Missouri briefly, but went running back to my safe Johnson County. No snickering, you Palins.
22. If you had three wishes, what would the FIRST one be?
I'd wish for 10 more wishes.
23. What is the FIRST thing you would learn if you had the chance?
That's a loaded question. So I'll just stick with the simple side. I'd like to learn to play the acoustic guitar.