I had the best intentions. This is the first Thanksgiving I’m not having at my house. So I volunteered to bring the green bean casserole and the pumpkin pie. Easy enough. I already have the ingredients and the extra cool whip.
Ready to go, I pop the green beans in the microwave to cook them before adding my special homemade sauce with organic vegetable broth instead of mushroom soup. Really, it’s good. After 15 minutes my eyes are burning and the kitchen is filled with smoke. And the vent on the microwave is not working. I take my still frozen green beans out and put them on the stove. Meanwhile I’m setting up he portable fan and opening all the windows. The microwave is dead.
I still need to bake the pumpkin pies. As soon as the smoke clears I start that project. Ok, the crust is not perfect but who cares. I’m sure it will taste good. I start pouring the filling into the crusts. Wait, I think. Maybe I should risk salmonella and taste the pie filling. OMG! I forgot the sugar!! I poured the filling back into the bowl and added sugar. After popping the pies in the oven I’m ready for a break!!!
I hope your cooking works out better than mine.
Always remember : What happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen!