musings, memoir, life in the mountains
- October 04
- ~ welcome! ~ I'm Anna Herrington aka Anna F. aka Mom aka Nana aka 'JT...' ~photographs my own unless noted ~ I am working on three manuscripts, researching, gardening, hiking, cooking, pondering batiking again sometime, taking photographs and drinking tea, most days ~ now writing daily! A huge step forward for this writer...a huge thanks to NaNoWriMo for getting me going. every single day. firstname.lastname@example.org~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To see all posts, click on 'Just Thinking...' above, and scroll. Writing here at Open Salon since June 2010.
MY RECENT POSTS
- Morning Trek Across Amaranth
September 23, 2014 06:43PM
- Equinox Harvest
September 22, 2014 10:53PM
- Weed, California - up in
September 19, 2014 01:05AM
- My vent/comment about boys
September 10, 2014 01:57PM
- And the world was no longer
September 04, 2014 01:27AM
MY RECENT COMMENTS
- “"Loosey lockey, happy
hackie" - ha!
I, too, like
to support the local
- “Excellent points,
especially re: the PTSD that
- “On reading that comment
it reads as if I have a tone
it, and I don't.
- “Jon, I don't listen to
her, but this clip came on a
segment and I couldn't
- “Personally, it's not
appropriate in the slightest
Just Thinking...'s Links
- Also writing at OurSalon:
- Also writing at Medium:
- Just Thinking... has a twitter account now - a family member decided I needed one - I admit, I rarely use - but happy to receive tweets : )
The Weed fire was a complete surprise.
So, I wrote a long, meandering comment (surprised?) on super jane julia's page....with the Ray Rice debacle front and center, I thought I'd copy, paste, and post.
What is your opinion?
I've not noticed many out there in public who are bemoaning how boys are left behind - or the… Read full post »
As usual, I awoke with my mind full.
Today, though, two pieces juxtapose themselves in my heart and mind, repeating and resounding ever louder.
"It was the best of time, it was the worst of times,
"Is this the real life?Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from… Read full post »
A minimally edited, stream of consciousness post....so far.
They were there again when I woke up this morning - I realize I have to do something to pin them down.
It goes against every fiber of my being to do so.
It was not that I was dreaming of… Read full post »
Secret energies jangle as you sidle up beside,
your arms bearing gifts
of the wooden horse.
The scent of the hidden wafts in the air,
Silent gratitude is sent above
for eyes that have learned to see.
The cloak of protection sur… Read full post »
We'd been chatting awhile, my sister, her wife, and I, a casual sit at the table with mugs of coffee and tea. It was our last afternoon together before my flight home last summer, the most relaxed I'd felt all week as it had been a very full trip. The rhythm… Read full post »
The clock sits on the corner of the low-slung table surrounded by small potted plants, three primroses in assorted colors and a spider plant with two spider plant babies hanging over one side. The clock is what is noticed though.
The rounded, tan clock face has old-fashioned-looking bronze hands and… Read full post »
On the day before Thanksgiving last year, preparations were in full swing at our house, for we were hosting the traditional feast. Our family gatherings have grown since we moved to this area nine years ago, so the expected number was to be around sixteen.
Part I of this story begins… Read full post »
Just Thinking...'s Favorites