After reading Jake's plea, and the comments thereafter, I have come to the conclusion that the only possible way to survive being the editor of OS is to turn it into a drinking game. I suspect it's already been done, and that Mr. Sugarman and his friends have a many a fun time recounting stories of our collective
idiocy creativity at NYC's varied drinking establishments.
Just in case he hasn't formalized it, or needs new ideas, I present The OS Editor's Drinking Game. You can play along at home!
1. A post uses the phrase "love Open Salon" : 2 sips
2. A comment uses the word "meta" : 1 sip
3. Private messages using the words "bully," "harass," "alter," "crazy," or "afraid": 1 sip for each use.
4. Post or comment referring to OS as a family : Finish your drink, dad.
5. Requested account deletion by someone in a huff : 2 sips
6. Requested reinstatement by any person who requested deletion per #5 : Finish your drink.
7. Title of a post contains the name of an OS member : Shot of tequila.
8. Title of a post contains the name of an OS member and it's "Margaret" : 2 shots of tequila.
9. Comment or post uses the term "slippery slope" : Drink a Slippery Nipple.
10. Any public reference to you on OS as Sugarcube, Sugarcheeks, Sugarbun or other sweet treats : Shot of rum
11. The entire cover, including Most Viewed and Top Rated, contains no posts about Open Salon or the actions of its members in regard to OS:
Buy a round for the bar! (Don't worry, this will never happen)