A month ago, my good friend Debbie nominated me for a Liebster Award. It's a nice way of recognizing blogs you like and drawing a little attention to them, so I felt honored that Debbie would include me in her list of nominations, especially since her own blog, Moon in Gemini, is amazing. The award is also a chain, and we're asked to pay-it-forward and nominate others. Obviously, October was a month that practically knocked me to my knees (moving to a new place, having a new baby, and surviving the hurricane and blackout), but the excuses are over and now it's time for me to sit down and do this. Without further ado, I proudly accept the nomination for the Liebster Award and submit the following for your consideration.
Here are the rules:
1. Answer the 11 questions by the nominator.
2. Nominate 11 blogs worthy of more publicity
3. Ask 11 questions to be answered by the nominees if they accept the Liebster Award
My answers to Debbie's questions:
1. What is your favorite movie?
That's like asking me who is my favorite child. Probably The Godfather but tied for a close second are Blazing Saddles, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Dr. Strangelove, Superman, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Jaws, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Blues Brothers...I'd better stop now.
2. What is your favorite movie that you’re afraid to admit is really your favorite movie?
Rocky III. Cheesy goodness from beginning to end. I never get tired of it.
3. If you could save time in a bottle, what would you do with it?
Crack that baby open on my 50th wedding anniversary and have 50 years more.
4. Do you have Gangnam style?
5. Do you know what Gangnam style is?
I'm so sleep deprived, I thought this was a repeat of the last question. In answer to the query, I'm shocked it's still a song I'm hearing a month later. I thought it would quickly fade away to one-hit-wonder purgatory, but it seems to have a longer shelf life than I imagined.
6. Have you ever left the continent you were born on?
I haven't traveled much at all. The answer is no. I've been to various states in the continental U.S., and then to Canada and the Caribbean, so that all means I've rooted myself in the North American hemisphere. I need to do some globetrotting.
7. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
I like those little pills, what are they called, Sprees? Plus any chocolate and peanut butter combination.
8. Would you ever consider becoming one of the first people to colonize Mars?
No, because it would likely be a one way trip. I do believe in manned space flight and we eventually will need to reach out to new worlds if we want our species to survive, but Mars is a dustball. Unless we can realistically terraform it, a permanent colony there would be extremely harsh and brutal. Ask yourself, would you want your kids growing up on Mars? What's the incentive for the next generation? I think we have a long way to go.
9. Who is the most interesting person you’ve ever met?
I've been lucky to meet so many cool people. Recently, I would have to say actor Giancarlo Esposito.
10. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Ralph Macchio deserves a new gig, so I would pick him.
11. Do you think anyone would pay to see a movie about your life?
Depends what the next chapter holds for me.
Now my nominees. Please give all these blogs a look, they are worth it!
Finally, here are my requisite questions.
1. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have one book with you, which would it be?
2. Which fairytale is your favorite and why?
3. What is more plausible, the existence of Bigfoot or the explanation of U.F.O.s as being intelligent alien visitors to our planet?
4. If you could have lunch with one person from history (not an ancestor), who would it be and what would you chat about?
5. What's your one sentence pitch idea for a new movie?
6. What's your one sentence pitch idea for a new TV series?
7. If you were in a hit music band, what would it be called?
8. Is there in truth no beauty?
9. Do I amuse you?
10. Will the Chicago Cubs win a World Series in my lifetime?
11. What topic should I blog about next?
Thank you, and good night.