12. I was once smacked in the head by Al Gore. Really. He was shaking hands at a campaign stop at my college, and he was on crutches. As he reached to shake the hand of the guy behind me, his crutch slipped in the melted snow on the gym floor, and he cracked me in the forehead. He was appropriately apologetic.
11. My parents owned a diner when I was growing up. This means that I am an experienced grill cook, waitress, and payroll manager. You never know when those skills will come in handy.
10. I have never been in any state with a Pacific coastline, though I can claim that I have visited all the others at one point in time or another.
9. My first boyfriend was named Jamie. We were in marching band together in high school, and he was a couple years younger than me. I took him to my senior prom nonetheless, and he was resplendant in his white tux with a purple vest that matched my dress. I wonder whatever became of him.
8. I have a school girl celebrity crush on James Franco.
7. I spent a year as the lone girl living in a house of fraternity boys. One of the best years of my life. I loved being the "little sister", and those boys knew how to throw a party. I turned 21 in that house, and that is a birthday I will never forget.
6. My belief: when in doubt, go back to school. You can never have too many degrees.
5. I have been the slayer of three deer in my life, two of them with cars. One of the cars was slain, too.
4. When I was in 7th grade, the students in my class started a hate club aimed at me. They had officers and everything. That was a very long year. By 8th grade, it was like it had never happened, and I was suddenly acceptable again.
3. I always thought I would have a daughter that I would name Katherine. It's a good name to get you through an entire life. She could be Katie when a girl, then Kate as an adult, and when she was a grand old dame, Katherine would suit her.
2. My husband is out of town this week, and I remember now how I don't like being in the house alone at night. Can't wait to see you Friday, baby!
1. I am a nightmare haver. I should write screenplays from the things my mind dreams up at night--they are always complete stories, with a lot of chasing and screaming and heart-thumping terror. I would be rich, if not well-rested.