With the flurry of activity anticipating this latest OS Vaporization Theory, many have called for reposts, Open Calls and contingency plans. After reading Matt Paust's letter to Kerry this morning, I got to thinking about what the real currency is for the owners of OS: Page Views.
Let's help Kerry capture the picture of the value of OS that he and his management can really relate to. Go to your blog, select the "Popularity" tab at the top; then select the Most Viewed category in the first box and All Time in the second box; and you will see at the very top of the list the post that earned you the most views since you have been posting here.
With a little effort, you will be able to copy the entry and post it in the comments below, like this one of mine:
Let's continue to help Kerry get a handle on the value of our work!
UPDATE: I know many have struggled trying to copy their data in the form is appears on the Most Viewed list. It takes a bit of jiggling with your cursor and right-click button to be able to highlight the entire entry, but it can be done.
- Put the cursor right beside the first letter of the title;
- Hold down the shift button on your keyboard, move your mouse to the end of the sections you want to highlight, press the space bar, right-click and copy
If you don't have the patience for that, please include a link to your piece so our newer OSers can take a peek at the "winning" post if they'd like.
Instructions for putting links in comments:
1. Right click on the title of your post and select "copy link location".
2. Come to this comment thread and paste the link into your comment along with the rest of the statistics, etc.
3. To really pretty it up with a hyperlink, go here for instructions.