I have really fallen in love with surface design – playing on top of fabric. Interweave’s new emag, Surface Explorations, is the perfect resource to inspire me to continue.
Here are just some of the lessons you’ll find in this new emag:
- The Great Dye Experiment: Cotton vs. Silk with April Sproule
- Thermofax® Screen Printing: The mysteries of Thermofax explained with Lyric Kinard
- Rusting to Create Texture and Timeless Images: Designs in decay from rusty metal with Laurie Brooks
- Screens & Stencils: Two Ways to Have Fun! with Leslie Tucker Jenison
- Improvisational Imprinting by Jackie Lams
- And more!!
There are videos, slide shows, and step-by-step instructions of various surface design techniques. It’s really hard to pick one article that I liked the best.
Improvisational Imprinting by Jackie Lams was something I’ve not seen before so that was fun to watch and read about. I loved rebel quilter Jamie Fingal’s suggestions and I enjoyed Lyric Kinard sharing her Thermofax screen printing passion.
It’s really hard for me to decide which technique I will try first. However, I went to Blick’s Wednesday with my 40% coupon and bought a screen to play with. I also have a couple thermofax screens I won awhile back that I need to get out and play with again.
If you are new to surface design or even an old hand at messing with fabric, I believe you will enjoy this emag. It’s only $4.99 and can be purchased through Interweave here for immediate download. What a bargain! Can’t wait to see their next issue of this emag.
Disclaimer: I received this emag from the publisher for review purposes. The opinions expressed here are 100% my own. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review and received no monetary compensation.