Perhaps you heard that Israel is about to have its 2nd female Prime Minister?
She's a rightwinger, but here's a woman who is QUALIFIED to be a leader of a country.
- Served as a lieutenant in the Israel Defense Forces and worked for the Mossad for nearly two years during the early 1980s, resigning in August 1983 to her law studies.
- A graduate of Bar Ilan University's Faculty of Law,
- Has 10 years experience as a practicing lawyer specializing in public and commercial law.
- First elected to the Knesset as a member of the Likud party in 1999.
- Received the Abirat Ha-Shilton ("Quality of Governance") award for 2004.
- Was an avid supporter of Sharon's disengagement plan and was generally considered to be among the key dovish or moderate members of the Likud party.
- In 2007, she met with Palestinian Prime Minister, Salam Fayyad, to discuss "improving the lives of the Palestinian people, without compromising Israel's security".
- Gov't roles:
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Justice
Minister of Regional Cooperation
Minister of Agriculture
& Rural Development
Minister without Portfolio
Minister of Immigrant Absorption
Minister of Housing & Construction
See!!! There's a woman who is qualified.
Sarah Palin, meanwhile, was a sportscaster: