If, like me, you are feeling blessed and grateful that you made it through the storm last week unscathed, here are just a few websites to find opportunities to volunteer your time and resources to help those less who were less fortunate.
- Red Cross -They are seeking medically credentialed volunteers to support NYC Shelters. If you’d like to volunteer, EmailÂ HealthServices@nyredcross.org. Other interested shelter volunteers can register here. To donate $, visitÂ www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Here’s a list of sheltersÂ and Food and water distribution sites in NYC. Share them with those in need.
- NYC Service Â - Lots of volunteer opportunities posted at this site.
- New York Cares – Register and find opportunities to help
- Village Voice has a list of restaurants donating proceeds to sandy Relief, as well as multiple opportunities to donate and volunteer
- Occupy Sandy – The Wall Street group has regrouped for service. Â Interactive map for volunteer locations and need.
- Hudson River Park – clean up planned Nov 10.
- Van Cortland Park Clean Up Nov 9
- Report downed treesÂ hereÂ or call 311.