I answer for the confused pundits: Who is Mitt Romney?
I don't mind telling you, the public political discourse at this time is driving me nuts!
blah blah blah! Who is Mitt today? What is his new position on...? Isn't this a change of positions? Again? If it is, then what are his core beliefs? Didn't he say something else yesterday.....? Didn’t he say he was going to do this or fix that but then he stated the exact opposite last week? oh now I’m not sure what he means when he says……blah blah blah!
From the start, the first questions might have included: "Who is this guy who wants to lead America? Why does he want the job"?" The guy is rich. Okay. Rich guys always want to be president, but usually they break down and actually do something with some high profile positivity. Or they run for other, lesser offices. Or they get a cabinet position or a diplomatic assignment. Or become very prominent somethings or others...a position to let us know they're in the game and qualified to lead.
Isn't the job of president important enough to ask about the people who want to become one? I've wondered about a million times, besides interjecting himself into the political conversation for a decade, really...who is Mitt and what does he really hope to accomplish if he wins the prize?
It might have been asked, what has he done other than run for the presidency like his dad did. Because this business is worrisome - we've already had George W Bush, marching us into Iraq because his daddy didn't. So are we forever destined to be bought and sold and led into who knows what by every rich guy determined to outdo their “Daddy”?
What unique vision does Romney possess that entitles him to this very important place in our lives? What specific talent, philanthropy, or even knack for public discourse has he shown? Does he have empathy for the public? Does he even have a basic understanding of what it's like to be anything other than a rich guy? Has he shown himself to be a man of the people, willing to stand for the good of his fellow Americans? Is there a specific dream for the country he's consistently articulated? Is there one he’s actually stuck with?
What's so confounding to me is there is nothing, not one word or promise he hasn't made to achieve his stated ambition to be President and then contradicted himself with, changing positions like a Cirque du Soliel contortionist. And no one calls him on it.
Mitt Romney is the fastest talking, fastest tap dancing used car salesman in the history of America.
He is a guy who wants to be the president because he wants to be the president!
He’s playing this election like the game of “Survivor”: “outwit, outplay, outlast” and lie like a thief to win.
Q: Who is Mitt Romney?
A: Mitt Romney is an American businessman and one term governor who earned an enormous amount of money on top of being born into a wealthy family.
Q: What are his core political beliefs?
A. Mitt Romney’s one consistent belief seems to be that he should be the President of the United States.
Q: What qualifies him?
A: He's a native born American, of age and he's rich enough to do it. Also, he's very enthusiastic in his desire to be the President!
Q: So, besides birthplace, age, finances and ambition/exuberance, what are his unique qualifications for this office, specifically?
A: Mitt Romney is:
· the most renown freelance professional presidential political candidate in the history of America
· a tall caucasian with square jaw and prolific hair
· possessed of: a) countless male offspring, b) a smiling blond spouse, c) beautifully tailored suits for all occasions, d) at least one elevator for his cars
· an admirer of the natural symmetry of Michigan trees
· willing to: a) sing off key in public, b) speak to crowds of his joy in making a great deal of money, c) speak privately to rich guys about loser Americans with a victim mentality, d) eagerly announce his enjoyment in firing people (presumably those 48% of loser Americans). (Muppets, too.)
· not at all inconvenienced or tethered to economics, concrete truths or beliefs, practicing deft flexibility in instantaneous political shapeshifting without losing his rhythm
· adept at donning a strange hypnotic stare while smiling simperingly at his intended victim, then leap into role of scrappy pugilist/fearless leader of the Free World, fists raised ready to engage in international "duke outs" with any country on earth including the entire Muslim middle east (Russia and China, look out!) using American troops as boxing gloves
· boldly willing to tell everyone's grandparents to “take this voucher and…”.
· He’s tenacious. And very very rich.