Welcome to OS Readers’ Picks
Ande Bliss - Dad Died Sliding Home
Ande Bliss - Who Or What Killed Aunt Julia
Blinddream - Unusual - OS Weekend Fiction Club
bobbot - Intolerance Claims Another Life
Brian Carter - Obama's Political Ploy Lowers Gas Prices
Con Chapman - Citing Health Risks, OS Cracks Down on Blog Whores
Deoborah Mendez Wilson - My Little Peasant Feet
Fantastically Flawed - Mommy Dearest
Francois Arouet - George and Shellie Zimmerman: The Defense Self-Destructs
James M. Emmerling - MY MEETING WITH A GREAT POET (TRUE STORY)
Jan Wilberg - Ask Me No Questions, I'll Tell You No Lies
Jeff L. Howe - A Tune For Candy's Brother
Jimmy Zuma - Raped in the military, then raped by Congress
KC Redding-Gonzalez - Picturing Horror: Art as a Writing Prompt
Lorianne - As Fast As I Can
maria heng - Crying
Mimetalker - My OS "Love Post" for another web site
Myriad - My father...with some SPAM
Naqib's Daughter - Military Coup in Egypt: Back to the Future
Procopius - Dad Wasn't Cool
Sande Berger - Sticks and Stones
sarah brennan - things just keep unfolding
Scanner - A Thief of Hearts
tg within - El Regalo
Tichaona Chinyelu - Thinking of Daddy
Tinkerertink69 - YOU HAVE TO BE A LITTLE CRAZY TO BLOG HERE
Wren Dancer - The Meal
zacherydtaylor - Jill Stein wins nomination without corporate control
THE READERS' PICKS AWARDS FOR COMMENTS GO TO:
Art James - at Deoborah Mendez Wilson's My Little Peasant Feet
Jan Sand - at libbyliberalnyc's Libby's Political 'Stew' -- Post-Wisconsin Epiphany
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
REMINDER: Please nominate your choices in the Comments section below. To assist our busy adminstrators, please remember to include the link to the post you are nominating.
Want to participate?
You are all used to Editor's Pick; this one is selected by your fellow bloggers.
For this blog to be useful, we have established criteria, both for recommending posts and for commenting on those recommendations.
To nominate posts:
- Choose posts based on quality of writing, interest of content, or particularly illuminating POV. We are more concerned about whether the blogger is good than whether the blogger is right.
- Explain/justify your choice
- Please avoid:
- Choosing a post based strictly on friendship
- Choosing a post just because you agree with its content
- Bringing a post to our attention for the sole purpose of condemning it. This isn’t Readers’ Pans.
- Choosing a post where most of what’s in the post does not consist of the blogger’s own work.
To comment on nominations:
- Please limit comments to reasons for supporting or opposing the recognition of a post. Comments about specific content belong in the Comments of the post itself.
- Particularly if you oppose recognition, please write about the post itself and write as little as possible about the blogger. Please avoid being insulting – rudeness can get a comment deleted following a PM warning.
To nominate a Comment on any post :
We have added nominations for Comments within a blog. Some OSers do some of their best work in Comments. Same criteria, same ground rules. When nominating, please give us a link to the post and how to find the comment - preferably the name of the commenter and the time and date the comment was made.
How this blog works:
Administrators will check on comments and at least one of us will check on recommended posts, then comment on them. If the rationale for inclusion is present in the initial comment, it is seconded by any OS reader, and the recommendation does not meet with an unusual amount of opposition, a link to the recommended post will be included in the next post on this blog. At this point, it is our plan to post once or twice a week.
We hope this blog proves useful in terms of providing recognition to those you think deserve it and introducing you to bloggers you may not be aware of whose work is admired by your peers. Thank you for visiting.