The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) that the Obama administration is soon to agree to, with the full support of the Corporately owned Democratic and Republican Parties) will be the ultimate sell out of the American people.
Here is a list of just some of the horrors Obama is agreeing to:
- New investor safeguards to ease job offshoring (If you liked the job loss of NAFTA, you will LOVE the TPP)
- New rights and privileges for corporations (think of Disney suing you for watching a U-tube video over the internet)
- Permanent constraints on government regulation (Think Monsanto with no constraints)
- Increased corporate assert control over natural resources (Drill baby DRILL!)
- Severely limit the regulation of financial services, land use, food safety, natural resources, energy, tobacco, healthcare (Wall Street Corpocacy run amuck!)
- Countries would be obliged to conform all their domestic laws and regulations to the TPP’s rules (in effect, a corporate coup d’état)
- Would limit even how governments can spend their tax dollars (i.e. Japan can veto spending taxes to prevent the wholesale slaughter of whales?)
- Buy America and other Buy Local procurement preferences that invest in the US economy would be banned. (say goodbye to what manufacturing still resides in the US)
- Retrograde rules could be altered only if all countries agreed, regardless of domestic election outcomes or changes in public opinion. (say goodbye to rule of law too!)
- Corporations could sue governments that they believe have taken actions that undermines their expected future profits or rights under the pact. (under NAFTA governments have been forced to pay more than $350 million to corporations after suits against toxic bans, land-use policies, forestry rules… this will be GREATLY increased)
- Three-person international tribunals of attorneys from the private sector would hear these suits against the governments. (that’s right… not American judges… rotating international private party lawyers).
This is Obama, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party colluding to sell out the American people solely to the benefit of Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Agribusiness and Big Multinationals.
It represents a total loss of democracy and tramples human rights.
Is there any doubt why it is being agreed to, IN YOUR NAME, in secret?
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/11/14/tpp_exposed_wikileaks_publishes_secret_tradeImage: Courtesy and accredited to politifake.org