Since it’s not that great of a day, I want to turn my frown upside down. So I’m going to think about all the things about this day that deserve an awesomeness award.
1. Champagne. I brought a bottle to work today because my employee completed her exams for her Masters degree. Now she’s more educated than me. Yay.
2. 2. My lululemon jacket. Not everyone can afford a lululemon. And neither can I. (I got it for my birthday.) But, how fab is this little detail on the sleeves?! I don’t do yoga or anything. I just wear it because it’s expensive.
3. This photo of my son. Stinkin’ cute.
4. 4. Babe Walker’s blog, Babewalker.com. I’m pretty sure that I’m like two and a half high schools older than she is, which makes me sad because I feel old today, but she’s practically my SAB (separated at birth), she makes me laugh out loud, and she’s almost as chic as I am, except in a less rednecky kinda way.
5. The 10 percent off coupon sent to my inbox this morning from Pep Boys. I need my brakes fixed and my oil changed.
6. 6. Iced green tea with no sweetener and no water. Except that today I got a trente instead of a venti and I have to pee every five seconds. (I don't know why my iced tea is sideways.)
7. Dave Holmes. He is my fave thing EVERY Thursday. He’s a radio guy (on some station in L.A.) and a writer for Vulture.com, for which he recaps every American Idol episode. I don’t know if he’s a professional comedian or not, but his writing once made me laugh till I cried so hard that I couldn’t finish reading his article. I had to recover for like an hour before I could go back and read the rest.
8. Free ice cream. My office is 50 yards from the Dreyer’s headquarters, and the Dreyer’s people gave us these two huge freezer fulls of ice cream and ice cream bars.
That's all the awesomeness I can think of today.