It seems with the continual media blitz of mostly untrue information out there to prop up unnecessary medical procedures and medications we are all stuck with an aging process that starts with the hideous changes in our largest organ, our skin.
Readers should be aware that most human beings are designed to live much, much longer than todays mortality figures allegedly cap our time here in this place. We think we have a great health care system because we "live so much longer" than we used to. Tell that to Noah or Moses!
Should you be cherishing each new day upon awakening and would like a few more, here are the top five for longevity:
- Sleep, really sleep, around eight hours each night. Some people who meditate properly can get by on four or five hours but for most of us, lost sleep can really never be made up.
- Calorie restriction is proven to exponentially add life to cells. It works for us too as the most stressful thing you do everyday has nothing to do with loss of a loved one, moving or getting a new job; your major stress comes from digestion. Life Extension Foundation (LEF.org) recommends less than 1900 calories each day for all of us. Like everything, we're all unique so your best caloric intake varies depending on number three below, your personal BMI (body mass index) and genetic markers.
- Exercise is something we all need since unless you're a creationist, our primal history has us doing lots of fight and flight exercise. Many in the alternative field advise against extreme exercise and everyone should check with their wellness or health practitioner regarding their best exercise plan.
- Detoxification is on the list because we are all pummeled constantly with life shortening toxins every time we eat, breath, drink, shower, clean or use cosmetics. It is recommended that you check your heavy metals (cost about 50 bucks and provides a chart of your lead, mercury, arsenic, etc. stored in your tissues) and develop the best chelation therapy process for you. Remember, that the other organs need to be detoxified regularly, probably starting with your digestive system and moving forward from there to the liver, brain, etc.
- Diet, not really as in calorie restriction, but in how much toxic material you're adding to your toxin load by what you eat. Start by elimination of sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup, it is not safe and will cut decades off your life and make you sick while you are alive), artificial sweeteners (except stevia), processed grains/rice/pasta (you can get all these foods that are whole grain containing all the nutrients nature intended and skip the enrichment) and trans fats. This requires reading the ingredients of everything you consume including going out to eat. Start there and when you can actually accomplish this feat, comment on this article and we can work on all the rest.
Unfortunately, the whole social set up works against this free yet unsolicited advice, so it does take some work. These five steps are only the beginning but standing alone will add decades to your longevity and propel you to states of wellness never imagined.