Hi all! Just a quick recap of what the heck is happening with this blog. Recently I've been getting a huge vast array of emails asking me why are things bigger and why things are placed oddly on the website. Here's why. Us blind people use screen readers and some screen magnifiers. Many blind people I know don't have the money to pay for all this interesting useful equipment, so, I'm making my blog accessible to the blind community. How am I doing this? Well, let me tell you!
1. For screen reader users. In the coming weeks, I'll add some button assignments to links just like on Facebook. If you want to get to my list of accessibility links, then you can press control 1, and all that.
2. For low vision. The general text is bigger so you don't have to move the mouse to the left and right all the time. All the blog posts will be accessible to low vision readers in one area. This area will be on the left side. All the extra stuff I want to show off will be at the right.
3. For the readers who have trouble with reading, I'm putting my blog up on iTunes in an audible podcast form. Just look for the weird writings and everything will be there. You can download my writings to any iPod, IPhone, Mp3 player, or device that supports mp3 downloads to listen to on the go!
4. For screen reader users. I have designed the blog so that it automatically detects you have a screen reader, and switches the layout of the page and disables all images.
5. For the color blind people, there's an alternate link in my navigation bar that says simple layout. Select that.
6. For the deaf… well, you all don't need anything designed. Yay!
7. For mobility impaired users… the layout has changed, links are all in one place, posts are in another, and sidebars are only on the right side. This should make my blog faster to navigate through.
8. For screen reader users. All dates and arrow graphics, and share graphics will only show up if you click into the blog post. Thanks to my friend James for that suggestion.
9. For low vision. The page has white text on a black background.
10. For blind readers better audio captchas have been added to the email sign up page. Instead of hearing numbers and such, you will hear common universal sounds and your job is to identify them.
11. For my non English readers… here will be a link in the navigation bar that will translate the page you’re on to any language using Google translator.
And that's it! Now here are blog posts to come!
1. Review of breaking dawn with audio description.
2. Journals about what's been going on with me.
3. More rants about smelly people.
4. A rant entitled: police should have a law against being stupid.
5. More maniacal interesting reviews of windows 8.
6. And yah, blog posts about my life because I and my boyfriend am the only thing interesting to read about, huh? I really don't get why. I mean… I'm not that detailed, am i?
7. A comparison of accessible bus systems in the state of Florida.
And much more! I hope this helps you out a lot! Stay tuned!