No time for a chitchat today, so let me just cut to the chase.
Trends as of 1 pm PDT:
Google Hot Topics (Issues people are publishing most about)
1. hr 5741
2. wyclef jean
5. starcraft ii
6. prostate cancer
7. new oil spill
9. maury chaykin
10. magic trackpad
Google Hot Searches
2. chevy volt
3. john mantooth
4. nissan leaf
5. cynthia bailey
6. maurice clarett
7. ansel adams
8. starcraft 2 reviews
9. hr 5741
10. warren jeffs
11. 2011 harley davidson models
12. lake delhi
13. h.r. 5741
14. wavy tv 10
15. teresa giudice auction
16. rachel zoe
17. justin mcneley
18. houston marathon
19. madden 11 demo
20. clinton wedding
* Google News
AOL's Hot Searches
Trends on Twitter
Twitter Trends Explained by Whatthetrends
- Urosa: Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino of Caracas, Venezuela is appearing before the Venezuelan congress today to explain his accusations of Hugo Chavez's government.
- Oil Spill: There has been a new oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico after a barge crashed into an oil rig.
- WikiLeaks: Wiki-style website which exposes whistleblower documents, exposed 90,000 U.S. military documents relating to the Afghan War under Obama & Bush.
- Jack Tatum: Former #NFL Oakland Raiders safety dies at the age of 61...hmu @reppin5104lyfe.
- #youlostmyrespect: If you need this to be explained then you're just dumb.
- Inception: Inception is a 2010 sci-fi action thriller film written, produced and directed by Christopher Nolan. The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio. Inception was released on July 16, 2010 and has international box office grosses of $227M after two weeks in theaters.
- Cardenal: Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino of Caracas, Venezuela is appearing before the Venezuelan congress today to explain his accusations of Hugo Chavez's government. 'Cardenal' is Spanish for 'Cardinal.'
- Magic Trackpad: Apple's newly released Bluetooth peripheral, based on a MacBook trackpad.
- Starcraft: Starcraft II, the sequel to a popular real time strategy game for the PC and MAC is being released today.
- Maradona: Diego Maradona, former football (soccer) player and coach of the Argentinean national team in the 2010 World Cup is stepping down from his coaching position.
- Gulf: Oil is once again leaking into the Gulf of Mexico, after a barge crashed into an oil rig on July 27.
- #gameon: Popular web series THE GUILD by Felicia Day has released a Bollywood-style music video called "Game On."
- Cardenal Urosa: Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino of Caracas, Venezuela is appearing before the Venezuelan congress today to explain his accusations of Hugo Chavez's government. 'Cardenal' is Spanish for 'Cardinal.'
- Valdivia: Chilean footballer Valdivia is back to Brazilian team Palmeiras.
- #keion: Keion, or K-On is a Japanese comic and Anime series. The title of the series comes from the Japanese word keiongaku, meaning "light music" or "pop music".
- Arcade Fire: The Arcade Fire is a Canadian indie rock band. Their third album has just leaked and fans are tweeting about it.
- iMac: Apple has updated their line of iMacs to improve speed and efficiency.
- CEO: BP says CEO Tony Hayward will step down on Oct. 1, to be succeeded by American Robert Dudley.
- Keong: Keong or snail (english) become popular because two girls Shinta and Jojo lypsinc this song and uploaded video on youtube. Its become popular because this girls are cute with their expression and the lyrics also make you laught.. LMAO.
- Battery Charger: Today, Apple released a new battery charger for their products, and people are tweeting about it.
- Keong Racun: Keong Racun or "Poisonous Snail" is a dangdut koplo disco song, now popular in Indonesia after two teens named SINTA & JOJO uploaded their lipsync video on YouTube.
- #nexttimewehavesex: Trending because people want to share the things they will or want to do the next time they have sex.
- #bgenome: This TT has something to do with blood genome. Maybe they've made a breakthrough? If anyone knows Japanese or Chinese & would like to help explain this TT. Check it out....
- Hayward: BP's CEO Tony Hayward is to be replaced and people are commenting about this.
- #fhentai: Hashtag related to a Japanese website for determining statistics about your Twitter followers.
- Adilson: Valdivia, Ricardo Oliveira e Adilson Batista. Enquanto os paulistas vão se reforçando o Flamengo quer trocar o Kleberson pelo Gilberto Silva.
- Noose: The Noose is a Singapore TV show which is a parody of local news programs with fictitious news reports. "Noose" is a play on the word "news".
- #hanshin: What the hell is this ? - something in Japanese that has to do with tigers? Meow...
- Jailbreaking: Jailbreaking the iPhone and iPod Touch has been officially declared legal. All aboard the jailbreak train!
- CLR: Calcium, Lime, and Rust!!!!
- Wowowee: Wowowee Stampede: NEVAR FORGET.
- Lufthansa: Lufthansa cargo plane crashes at Riyadh airport: Source: wn.com --- Tuesday, July 27, 2010Riyadh: A cargo plane http://url4.eu/6SNtv.
- Scary Job: Reality show from Indonesia where the celebrity contestant is asked to adopt a profession, usually one that is scary.
- Tony Hayward: Leaves BP October 1st (thank the lord).
- Greenpeace: Greenpeace's video on BP spill.
- Afghanistan: 90,000 U.S. military documents relating to the Afghan War were exposed.
- Comic-Con: The San Diego Comic Con, happening from July 22 - 25, is a large annual convention for comic books and pop culture in general, featuring several panels with the stars and creators of popular movies, TV shows and comic books.
- RMK: Airport weather information in METAR format. RMK is shorthand for "remarks," and is part of the format.
- Avenged Sevenfold: Avenged Sevenfold release their newest album "Nightmare" today. It's number 1 on itunes and one of the last albums that Jimmy the "Rev" Sullivan was a part of before his death in December. This album is said to be the best that A7X have ever made. foREVer!!!!
- Avenged: Avenged Sevenfold's new album is out now! It's number 1 on iTunes! Take that Eminem! Go get it now! #foREVer #thea7xnightmare.
- Garza: Matt Garza no-hit the Tigers for the first no-hitter in Tampa Bay Rays history.
- True Blood: its a fast filling dramatic show of vampires.
- Brutas: Los caballeros las prefieren brutas ... Serie de Tv popular de Sony. (Popular TV show by Sony Latinoamerica).
- Meza: Enrique Meza has been appointed interim coach of Mexican football team Cruz Azul.
- Matt Garza: Matt Garza just threw the fifth no-hitter of the season and the first for the Tampa Bay Rays organization against the Detroit Tigers. Youtube-Class Act "Bring It Back."
- MAGO VOLTOU: "Mago Voltou" means "Mago is Back". Mago is the nickname for soccer player Valdivia, now returning to Palmeiras, one of the biggest soccer teams in Brazil.
- Bethenny: @Bethenny is Bethenny Frankel, a cast member on The Real Housewives of New York on Bravo. The finale of the show aired tonight, featuring a blowout fight bt Bethenny and Jill Zarin.
- Jon Stewart: Jon Stewart appeared on his show on 7/26 with a beard. Fans are talking about the new look.
- Berger: Star character of MTV's "The Hard Times of R.J. Berger".
- No-hitter: Matt Garza threw a no-hitter against the Detroit Tigers.
- Edson Celulari: Edson Celulari is a Brazilian actor. Who has no life so he divorces his wife to become relevant.
- #howyouagangsta: Ways UR not Gantsh. Wkwk.
- Claudia Raia: Claudia Raia is a Brazilian actress. Her 17 year marriage with her husband, the Brazilian actor Edson Celulari, just ended.
- Tampa Bay: Matt Garza has thrown a no-hitter for the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Fonsi: El pineo este!
- Randy Orton: WWE superstar who won a #1 contender's match and will face Sheamus at SummerSlam for the WWE championship. He's also on Twitter now: @RealRKOrton.
- Grand Slam: No one knows.
- Requião: Roberto Requião is a Brazilian politician, that is envolved on a corruption fact.
- Bernardinho: Brazil's Volleyball Coach that won for the 9th time the World League.
- Convocação: Brazilian Coach Mano Menezes was sworn in on Monday afternoon and announced the list of players who will face the U.S. team on Aug. 10.
- Dorrough: Rapper from Dallas, Texas and PVAMU appeared on 106 and Park today.
- Menezes: @JaimeMenezes absolute legend from the only mrshumes x.
- Larissa Riquelme: “The Paraguayan muse”, Larissa Riquelme, will pose nude for Playboy. It would be the first time for the lingerie model who became known for her sensual photos encouraging her national team.
- #bb11: Andrew is an absolute legend. And is Jack Bauer. JJ is hot! JJ to Win!
- Seleção Brasileira: Brazilian National Football Team was eliminated from the world cup and now choose Mano Menezes as a new coach.
- Felipe Melo: Has been cut from the Brazil squad. Shame baldy.
- Thiago Silva: Brazilian soccer player who is part of the just-announced Brazilian team to face the U.S. Aug 10th.
- Daniel Alves: Brazilian soccer player who is part of the just-announced Brazilian team to face the U.S. Aug 10th.
- Ricardo Teixeira: Ricardo Teixeira is the president of the Brazilian Football Confederation and he choose Mano Menezes to be the new coach of Brazilian national soccer team.
- Dez Bryant: Dallas Cowboys rookie Dez Bryant says no to tradition, won't carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads.
- Tokyo Drift: Part of the Fast and Furious franchise. It is now broadcasting on Indonesia's Trans TV.
- #5millionmonsters: Monster are trending to cultivate 5 million monsters following Lady Gaga.
- Alonso: Fernando Alonso. People are tweeting about his controversial win in the German Grand Prix.
- Raia: Claudia Raia is a Brazilian actress. Her 17-year marriage with her husband, the Brazilian actor Edson Celulari, just ended.
- Film Council: UK Government shuts the UK Film Council.
- Raul: Raul is a living legend footballer from Real Madrid whom decided to transfer to Schalke after 15years playing for Real Madrid.
- #qanda: Q&A is a politcal forum hosted on ABC1 by Tony Jones with Twitter feeds running below the panel.
- Penny Wong: Penny Wong is an Australian Senator from South Australia currently appearing on the panel show Q&A on ABC1.
- Turnbull: Malcolm Turnbull is appearing on the Australian political talk show Q&A.
- Switzer: Tom Switzer is appearing on Australian political talk show Q&A.
- Nisfu: Nisfu is the Malay term for Mid-Sha'ban, the 15th day of the Muslim month of Sha'ban.
- PNoy: PNoy or President Noynoy C. Aquino of the Philippines has just finished rendering his first State of the Nation Address (SONA).
- #undernocircumstances: People are tweeting about what you should not do under any circumstances.
- Assange: Australian Julian Assange is the founder of the website Wikileaks.
- Aquino: President Noynoy C. Aquino, 15th President of the Philippines, has just delivered his first State of the Nation Address (SONA).
- Noynoy: President Noynoy C. Aquino, 15th President of the Philippines, has just delivered his first State of the Nation Address (SONA).
- Sona: Philippine President Benigno Aquino III has just delivered his first State of the Nation Address or SONA today before the first joint session of the 15th Philippine Congress.
- #myexisthetypeto: People are tweeting about the things that their exes were prone to doing.
- Mad Men: Mad Men season 4 premiere airs on AMC tonight!
- Draper: Mad Men character played by Jon Hamm, trending because tonight is the season premire of Mad Men.
- Don Draper: He's the main character of Mad Men on AMC & Season 4 begins tonight (July 25, 2010).
- Angelina Jolie: Angelina Jolie's new thriller, Salt, generated $36.5M in box office revenues its opening weekend in the U.S.
- Jolie: Angelina Jolie is in the movie "Salt" which opened in theaters July 23rd.
- Angelina: Angelina Jolie's new thriller, Salt, generated $36.5M in box office revenues its opening weekend in the U.S.
- Entourage: Entourage (HBO) tonight, third episode of season 7!
- #Madmen: Season Premeire of MadMen on AMC.
- OchoCinco: Chad OchoCinco is a football player for the Cincinnati Bengals, who currently has a dating show on VH-1.
- Kourtney: Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami is a TV show on the E! channel featuring sisters Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian.
- Sra Smith: Mr. and Mrs. Smith (Sr. e Sra. Smith in portuguese) is on Brazilian TV right now.
- Riquelme: Boca Juniors coach Claudio Borghi hopes the club can put together a deal to bring Juan Roman Riquelme back to La Bombonera.