Editor’s Pick
APRIL 24, 2009 10:14AM

Top 10 Reasons Gay Sex Rocks this Straight Boy's World

Rate: 29 Flag

Although I was born straight, here are ten reasons why I think gay sex is better than the heterosexual variety:

1.) Straight Sex is Treated Like a Competitive Sport

Straight men call it scoring for a reason: we all keep track. Somewhere, on what had to have been a canopy bedpost, you know Wilt Chamberlain carefully carved a separate notch for each of the 20,000 women he slept with. 

bedpostbig

And if even Wilt the Stilt--a man who bagged the ladies as rapidly as the bag boy does the groceries--felt the need to keep track, think about how insecure the rest of us straight men must be.

Next time your boyfriend hems and haws about how many women he's been with, don't believe him: we all know.

Now imagine Jay Leno did a "Gay on the Street" segment for the Tonight Show and asked the residents of The Castro how many men they've been with. You'd receive the same blank expression if you asked a straight man how many times he's jacked off to Jenna Jameson videos. Know why? Because we both do it for fun, not to keep track or to be macho.

2.) Straight Sex is Dehumanizing

Straight men nail, bang and screw women and then we bolt the next morning. Based on the descriptive words we use to describe intercourse, a foreigner unfamiliar with our idioms would think we're discussing adding an extension to our deck, not making love to another human being.

Not only do these terms sound like stage directions from the set of Home Improvement (now Tim, bang that nail right after Richard Karn says his line),  they are loaded with graphic and often violent imagery as well.

face-to-face-with-tim-allen-02-af

3.) Gay Porn is Better

Ever land on a gay porno by accident when you're flipping through channels at the adult video arcade? The music is soft and soothing; the scenes gently lit while the actors are chiseled, youthful and seem to be enjoying themselves immensely.

Compare that with straight porn, where the director makes the surgically enhanced 33 year-old starlet wear pigtails to make herself look "barely legal" while she deep throats fat guys until tears stream down her face.

Which would you rather watch?

You don't even need to watch the videos to get my point, knowing the titles will suffice:

Deep Throat. Bring me a lozenge, please.

Debbie Does Dallas. Ouch! Imagine how sore that poor girl's vagina must feel!

The Devil in Miss Jones.  Would you want Satan f*cking you?

4.) Gay Sex is More Democratic

In the gay world, a 3 can land a 10 if George Michael happens to be cruising your local park that night but in the straight world? Unless you're famous or Rick Ocasek, you can forget about it.

Rick Ocasek

 Need more proof? Compare the Craigslist casual encounter ads. Answer one from a woman and you will get spam for all of eternity, answer one from a man and you get a rendezvous.

5.) Straight Sex is about Power and Control

I'm sure almost every straight man here has dealt with a woman who used sex to reward and punish him. Did you forget to take out the trash? Sorry, no sex for you. You got rid of my ring around the collar? Good boy, you're getting laid tonight.

Women think their nether regions are made of gold for good reason. Just look at all the men willing to grovel just for a taste of it. We straight men have only ourselves to blame for the power women have over us. 

6). Do you really want to have sex with a drunken girl?

Let us compare our nation's two bastions of free love: the frat house with the bathhouse. 

The typical frat house has more kegs of booze than the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria combined. And why is that? Because every straight guy knows the quickest way to get in a girl's pants is to get her drunk. The next morning is then filled with awkwardness as both parties wonder if a date rape occurred. 

Compare that with the bathhouse. Gay bathhouses refuse entry to those who are visibly intoxicated. This ensures that any sex which occurs is between two consenting adults with no shades of grey to muddy the situation. 

The straight sexual encounter was a mistake induced by booze, the gay one occurred between two consenting parties: you tell me which is better right after you clean that vomit off your cock.

 7.) Straight People Are Snooty

We've let the fact that we control the means of reproduction go to our collective heads. Remember the "Not that there's anything wrong with it" catch phrase from Seinfeld? The implication is there is something wrong with homosexuality but that it's rude to say so aloud in public.

And what about our intellectual betters telling us pea brains we must tolerate gays. Tolerate them? You tolerate a toothache for a week because your dentist is vacationing in Cancun. You don't tolerate a member of the human family; you celebrate their diversity and respect their contributions. Anything less is demeaning.

8.) Gay People are More Fun

They call themselves a synonym for happy, for God's sake. Enough said?

If you require more evidence, compare a gay club with a straight one. At the gay club everyone is dancing because the music is so good. At the straight club? Everyone is either too cool to dance or the bar band is too inept to keep a beat: sometimes I'm not sure which it is.

9.) Women are a Mystery

Google "How to attract women" and you get over seven million hits.  Neil Strauss has been bilking nerds out of their milk money for over a decade now with his speed seduction books. Every straight guy wants to know what it takes to seduce women but in truth none of us really know what the hell we're doing.

If you want to get women into bed regularly, it requires thought, preparation and more years of practice and study than the bar exam. A guy? All you need to do is to wait a few minutes for him to get a hard-on.

Ever wonder if you're a good lover? As any man who has ever watched When Harry Met Sally knows, you can never really trust a woman in the bedroom. But a man? There is no denying when he's had a good time.

 

 

10.) Gay Sex is All About the Sex

While gay sex is only about the next five minutes, straight sex inevitably comes with strings attached. It's always about something else: commitment, control, love, making babies or the booze.  But what's wrong with having sex just for the fun of it?


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your tags:

TIP:

Enter the amount, and click "Tip" to submit!
Recipient's email address:
Personal message (optional):

Your email address:

Comments

Type your comment below:
Almost makes me want to switch teams. Almost.

Better move is finding a post menopausal play mate. As Jack Nicholson said in "Something's Gotta Give" when Diane Keaton informs him of this fact:

"Hey now! Who's the lucky boy?"
Travis, you ignorant slut. Your porn view of sex is...well, a porn view of sex.

I'm gonna ask you the same question Jack asked Diane: "Who's the lucky boy?" You've got something else on your mind here, Travis. Are you gay?
Travis, we need to talk...
Please, please, never speak for men again. And get into therapy right away.
Dude, loved your post (or at least the intention behind it), but you've got it all wrong: As a gay guy, I can confidently tell you that we have the shitty end of the stick.

True, it may be easier to get laid. But that's not necessarily a good thing. Do you know how many of my friends have had syph? All of them. Some multiple times. And that, of course, is just one of the STDs in (heavy) circulation.

Relatedly, sex is just as competitive in the gay world as in the straight world. Except, for us, it's all about quality rather than quantity (as most of us have lost count). In my youth, it would work like this: Go out to bar, scope hottest guys, whoever gets hottest wins, whoever goes home alone is a loser (particularly if he subsequently trolls Craigslist for a consolation trick). Bonus points if you can convince your trophy fuck to attend the obligatory "trick brunch" the following morning.

I must also take exception with gay sex being more democratic. I see schlumpy guys with attractive girlfriends all the time. (And also really hot guys with schlumpy girls, although not as frequently.) In the gayborhood, by contrast, if you do not at least appear young, in-shape, and well-coifed ... BU-BYE. (Gays also don't really "do" non-whites, with limited exceptions here and there, but that is a topic all of its own.) Personal testimony: I might consider myself 7-ish, and I have slept with a 10 once. Ever. Among more "playmates" than I can count.

You also say that you don't like sleeping with drunk girls. (You don't find chili dogs tasty? How un-American!) But how about publicly fucking a tweaked out dude who's been awake for 3 (or more) days in a dungeon-like space in front of a lot of other tweaked out dudes who have been awake for 3 (or more) days? That's what you will find at the purported bastion of mutual consent that is the bathhouse. Sometimes also a hottub. If you're lucky.

The rest of your points may be true. For instance, it is irrefutable that gay porn is better ... okay, *infinitely* better ... than the heterosexual variety. (Where do they find the guys who do straight porn? Some alleyway off Ventura Blvd. digging through the trash?)

But the fact that gays may be more "fun" (whatever that means) or that society may be heteronormative (when not outright homophobic) or that women may be mysterious (btw, LESBIANS are women) says nothing about the relative joys of our sexual lives.

And your last point, although well intentioned, underscores the fundamental inequality of gays in America ... because our sexual practices, as a matter of law, can *not* come with strings attached (at least not in most of the country). If only I could give up a few fleeting five-minute encouters in the bathhouse for that ...
Thanks Gwool, Robin and ManTalkNow for replying. I'll answer you all in this comment:

Robin Sneed wrote:

"Travis, you ignorant slut. Your porn view of sex is...well, a porn view of sex. I'm gonna ask you the same question Jack asked Diane: "Who's the lucky boy?" You've got something else on your mind here, Travis. Are you gay?"

No, I'm a free love advocate and gay men seem to be the only ones practicing that nowadays. If only I had grown up in the '60s . . .

ManTalkNow wrote:

"Travis, we need to talk..."

About . . .

Gwool wrote:

"Almost makes me want to switch teams. Almost."

I am glad my post almost persuaded you.

"Better move is finding a post menopausal play mate."

I had a couple of those in the late '90s but now the spammers have taken all the fun out of scavenging the internet for NSA straight sex. You'd have an easier time finding impurities in Ivory Soap than in finding a real woman in those ads.
Mr Mister, I don't think you're gay at all - not necessarily - but fellas sure are cool these days! You hit it on the head - why do you think we call it "gay"? Get married - whaaaat? Whose idea is that!!!
Yeah I'm in kind of a silly mood today, but guess what - why do you think we call it gay!
I don't know that I have ever been so opposed to a post thus far... they are all silly, but the one that stood out for me was "gay porn is better than straight." It is strange that several gay male friends of mine actual admit to preferring straight porn.... for whatever reason
Pill Bug: A very small number of gay men prefer straight porn because they eroticize masculinity ergo eroticize straight men ergo eroticize straight men fucking women. A gay man's prefernce for straight porn, in my opinion, is symptomatic of internalized homophobia, i.e., I can't get off on seeing two men fuck (even if they are hyper-masculine) because they are still fags.
ChicagoLawyer78 wrote:

"I must also take exception with gay sex being more democratic. I see schlumpy guys with attractive girlfriends all the time. (And also really hot guys with schlumpy girls, although not as frequently.) In the gayborhood, by contrast, if you do not at least appear young, in-shape, and well-coifed ... BU-BYE. (Gays also don't really "do" non-whites, with limited exceptions here and there, but that is a topic all of its own.) Personal testimony: I might consider myself 7-ish, and I have slept with a 10 once. Ever. Among more "playmates" than I can count."

Check out this story:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article56963.ece

There's a picture of the 58 year-old guy George Michael got caught with in the woods a few years ago. He's a 1 and George Michael is a 10. I could never land one of George Michael's peers like a Madonna or a Paula Abdul.

Perhaps when their peers are watching gays are more picky but in the dark no one has to know.

"You also say that you don't like sleeping with drunk girls. (You don't find chili dogs tasty? How un-American!) But how about publicly fucking a tweaked out dude who's been awake for 3 (or more) days in a dungeon-like space in front of a lot of other tweaked out dudes who have been awake for 3 (or more) days? That's what you will find at the purported bastion of mutual consent that is the bathhouse. Sometimes also a hottub. If you're lucky."

I assume you live in Chicago by your screen name. You could always use Google to find more reputable bathhouses in your metropolis.

"The rest of your points may be true. For instance, it is irrefutable that gay porn is better ... okay, *infinitely* better ... than the heterosexual variety. (Where do they find the guys who do straight porn? Some alleyway off Ventura Blvd. digging through the trash?)"

I think they purposely use ugly guys so the average guys in audience can better relate to the material.

"And your last point, although well intentioned, underscores the fundamental inequality of gays in America ... because our sexual practices, as a matter of law, can *not* come with strings attached (at least not in most of the country). If only I could give up a few fleeting five-minute encouters in the bathhouse for that ..."

You make a valid point. Marriage should be an option for anyone who wishes to exchange vows. I was writing this post from the perspective of a free love advocate however.
I believe human sexuality breaks down into two categories. And it's not Gay and Straight. It's Marriage-oriented and Recreational. People who enjoy same-sex or opposite sex partners can fall into either category. And you can switch categories. I'd place you firmly in Recreational for the time being.
gay lawyer said gays have "the shitty end of the stick."

bah.

interesting post, travis. just a bit bi-curious?

the problem is ... you're unable to make a fair comparision unless you've played for both teams.

it seems that you're going by what you see while watching internet porn and BRAVO.

to be honest, i disagree with all 10 things you've said.
mcarto3 wrote:

"the problem is ... you're unable to make a fair comparision unless you've played for both teams.

it seems that you're going by what you see while watching internet porn and BRAVO. "

Back in my college days, I used to go to adult video arcades because I didn't want my roommate to walk in on me looking at porn. I don't want to be too explicit and offend anyone but it's pretty clear what happens in the back of those joints.

I just think gay men have sex the way God intended. Having to jump through all these hoops to have sex with a woman is what's unnatural and abnormal.
"I just think gay men have sex the way God intended. Having to jump through all these hoops to have sex with a woman is what's unnatural and abnormal."

Uh, no. Gay men have sex the way *men* like to have sex, because (surprise) both partners are men, with male-type sex drives.

Patterns of heterosexual sex are a compromise between the drives of the male partner and the drives of the female partner.

"Jumping through hoops" may be your view of the situation, but I doubt it is the view of the women involved.
Whatever happened to Fay Wray?
That delicate satin draped frame
As it clung to her thigh, how I started to cry
Cause I wanted to be dressed just the same...

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nightmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Can't you just see it?

Don't dream it - be it.

Ach! We've got to get out of this trap
Before this decadence saps our will
I've got to be strong and try to hang on
Or my mind may well snap
Und my life will be lived for the thrills...

It's beyond me, help me Mommy

God bless Lily St. Cyr...
Funny post. Women are a lot easier to get (understand) than men seem to think! We do like sex, just like men (ok, not exactly, precisely like men), and don't need to be promised marriage or even flowers. But we have to like the guy. (also, I can't speak for all women, even though I appear to be doing just that.)

I think the biggest difference is that we hold out for GOOD (that should be in italics) sex, while men are more willing to have it for its own sake; good sex just being gravy. (that is not meant to be sexual!)
Casual sex is empty and competitive whether it's heterosexual or homosexual. Genuine, loving sex is neither empty nor competitive whether it's heterosexual or homosexual. The article's author has some issues he needs to work through regarding heterosexuality, his entire view of the subject appears to be informed solely by porn and bad movies.
Word, D'Arby... RATED!

...Especially for Reason #5. And Reason #9. And pretty much every other one of those ten reasons as well, near as I, a straight man, can tell!

Growing up in a homophobic society elsewhere, I never observed gay men out and about freely interacting with each other until I moved to the USA a decade-plus ago.

Then, I befriended a gay guy, with whom I enjoyed the music of Jackson Browne and many wide-ranging, thoughtful conversations, learning about 'the other side'... My friend was witty, wise, and also a tad world-weary... as good a friend as most that I've had before or since.

Came the day he took me to tour a few gay bars in a major city... And I still can't figure out if the joyful bacchanalian fun I witnessed then was standard fare, or hyped up for the season... [Okay, it was New Orleans, the French Quarter, and the height of Mardi Gras.]

First thing, my friend ran into a pal of his, and immediately they locked lips for what seemed like a quarter of an hour. I had never seen two men kiss before, if we exclude that ritual bussing of cheeks which European men do in 'exotic' movies. [Well, I never claimed to be a well-traveled sophisticate, okay?] ...I thought, this is novel, and rather interesting.

Next thing, I noticed a youthful fellow clad only in briefs (presaging the attire that would later be known as 'dental floss'), gyrating on the bar-top to the pulsing rock music playing. Ever so often, one patron or another would stuff a few dollar bills into this dancer's waist-strand, copping a lingering feel of his package at the same time... I thought, they really do have festive, no-holds-barred manners here...

Behavior outré to me persisted all evening, such as apparent strangers pairing off as slow-dancing couples after the merest of perfunctory greetings... [somewhat like Reason #8 as given by D'Arby!]... I thought, why don't we all behave like this in our straight bars?

Indeed, WHY don't we all behave like this in our straight bars, and in the straight world? I thought then, and still do think, if any straight bar known to me were like the couple of gay bars I saw that day, having wild, exhilarating mingling -- with women -- as the norm, -- why, wild horses, mustangs, mack trucks couldn't haul me outa that bar! I'd pitch a tent on its stoop, for the love of Mika!

I'll say this: straight men don't get to hang with women the way gay men hang with each other, AND IT'S TO OUR ETERNAL, WAILING LOSS.

Still, I'll just have to suffer with the detritus of straight sex all my life, since gay sex excludes those mysterious, power-drunk, bewitching creatures, WOMEN... And if I live to be 200 years old, and every day of it spent nestled with one of the species that's blest with those charmed XX-Chromosomes, it will not be long enough.

Gay men do seem to have something on us, yep. But it's straight sex that rocks this straight man's world.
Let's bring something new to this: Science!


http://tiny.cc/q8JKH
Look, man. You seem to be having a discussion about which orifices are better, because you certainly aren't talking about people--gay or straight. This kind of bottom-line attitude--even if you intended it to be funny--just seems like you watched commercials and 90s sitcoms for gender roles. Don't worry man, people don't really act like that.
Even if you don't agree, you have to be amused by this piece. Well done.
Wow! It's not a gay storm it is a storm of puritans! I thought this post was humorous, at times insightful but purposefully exaggerated. I was having fun.
You know how you'll be having fun just joking and laughing about something stupid with a bud and there's that one guy who has to take it serious? "Thousands of men suffer from ED everyday maybe they don't think your joke is so funny. Why do you
cretins have to make fun of a serious medical condition?"
1.) Straight Sex is a Competition

With who? LOL

5.) Straight Sex is about Power and Control

ANYONE gay or straight . . who does this doesn’t deserve to be in a relationship. Period.

10.) Gay Sex is All About the Sex

You’ve never had sex, just cause you “wanted it?” and HELL NO there is nothing wrong with having sex for the sake of sex. Wild-I-don't-give-a-crap, sex is some of the best.

Overall this was a funny post and I enjoyed reading it. :) I think sexuality is a fluid thing and is definatly NOT a "black/white" kind of thing. Labels are pretty dumb, we are what we are, we are sexual creatures, period!

Pawed, great conversation! :)
Interesting post.

As a gay man who sometimes thinks straights have it better, this post gave me pause.
I wouldn't say one is better than the other. That would be unfair to both camps.

Personally, I see it like food, everyone has their own palate and it would be boring if we all had the same appitite.

Enjoy and be enjoyed . . .its the buffet of life!
Hmm. Someone has serious emotional problems with women and maturity. Please, speak for yourself.

An inability to think of women as human beings doesn't make you gay, sir. It just means you need to grow up.
I thought this was pretty funny. Unfortunately you seem to intend it to be taken seriously. That makes it more sad than funny.

Look around you. There are some straight men out there who are living the life you think would be so ideal. They aren't having much fun. They aren't, as a rule, happy people. For that matter, most gay men who are old enough to have done it for a while end up not being happy with the life you describe.

Rubbing bumps will only get you so far. The rest is mental. And, whatever they may think while they're trying to get laid, for most men, the most satisfying sexual experience ends up NOT being one night stands with an infinite variety of others, no strings attached.
JLRoberson wrote:

"Hmm. Someone has serious emotional problems with women and maturity. Please, speak for yourself.

An inability to think of women as human beings doesn't make you gay, sir. It just means you need to grow up."

What post did you read? In point #3, I criticized porn directors for objectifying women. In point #2, I criticized straight men for using carpentry terms to describe making love to a woman. In point #7 I wrote:

"You don't tolerate a member of the human family; you celebrate their diversity and respect their contributions. Anything less is demeaning."

Obviously women are a member of the human family for this sentiment applies to them as well.

Just because I have qualms about serial monogamy does not make me a misogynist.
Obviously not all women use sex for power and control nor do they all need to be drunk. I get the joke. Some of these stereotypes are based upon how *some* real women act. Especially young women. As Gwool pointed out, the older ones are slightly more mature. You said you dated some older women, so I'm sure you know.

My boyfriend is bisexual and he cracked up at this post.

Now I know why he is so willing to fluff and fold and take out the trash. =)
Hmmm...a male 3 can't land a female 10? Seen lots of evidence to the contrary, yet judging from the plethora of books (and OS posts recently) on how if you do your nails, eye-brows and brazillian, how contorting your female body into as close a resemblence to 10 as possible, your chances of landing a man (any man--quit being picky, that's ANOTHER thing that is keeping you single) are significantly increased (but still not guaranteed) and if he is a lowly 2.2? Take him, take him take him, girl! Cuz any man is better than no man at all.
I feel I have something to say to the straight and straight-ish guys on this thread. This is just one woman's opinion.

Even if I were to let down all my guards and have sex at the drop of a hat, like a lot (not all) of queer men do with each other, there would still be some hold-up and a change in the dynamic between me and men from the way I now operate. Sure, I'm horny, and I have often joked about my inner gay man; I find sex with guys to be playfull and hot, so switching to a far more recreational dynamic would not be a chore. (You might call it "slutty"--I would call you sexist for calling me that.)

But here's how other things would change. Right now, I slow things down to get to know the guy. This way, I'm not judging him completely on his looks, but his personality, how he treats other people, examining the vibe we got going on, see if he has a sense of humor, actually thinks about things--stuff like that. If I changed to sex-right-away mode, then I would be judging him entirely on his looks--practically like a guy.

In short, if a guy hit on me, looking for sex right away, all I would have to go on is physical appearance, which would of course factor in not just whether he was young and physically fit, but also the quality of his clothing. It would be tougher for a guy who didn't pay a whole lot of attention to those things to have sex with me. I would be going for the guys with sculpted abs and designer clothing and sharp sense of style. In short, how a gay man looks. Okay, there's also that word "metrosexual".

I've had guys hit on me, expecting sex right away, and my first thought was, "Sorry, honey, you're not good looking enough for me to give it up at the drop of a hat." See? It all turns into a solely visual assessment of who I'm going to hook up with now.

Seriously, most of you straight guys need a queer eye like nobody's business. You come to the bar with holes in your ratty t-shirts, your jeans probably haven't been washed for two weeks, there are holes in your sneakers; your hair has grown out from the last haircut and you haven't bothered to get it cut again. You may even be balding and are obviously heading for the dreaded comb-over. You're developing a beer gut and your slouching around only accentuates it. You look like the straight porn stars that you make fun of on this thread. And God bless Ron Jeremy, but I don't want to have sex with straight male porn stars.

Now, about the day-old growth of beard. Some women find that sexy. Not me. Please shave. I don't want sandpaper on my face when we make out. Shave or grow a full beard that will feel bushy without scraping my cheeks. And keep it trimmed--no ZZ tops, please. Also, don't grow a beard if you can't grow a full one. If the beard only grows out in scraggly patches, shave. It only makes you look scraggly and desperate to be "a man". You might have a very nice looking face if it wouldn't be for that nasty, scraggly beard, and I won't think you any less the man for not having one.

You want sex right away, as far as I am concerned, stay in shape and clean yourself up. Developing a sense of style sets you apart from the crowd and makes you sexier, so try. At least do the minimum, clean clothing that fits, no holes.

Sorry if this sounds so brutal but I'm judging by visual now, just like you're judging me. Reducing it to sex right now means judging the book by its cover. Slowing it down gives me a chance to know the you underneath.
Max the Communist Wrote:

"You want sex right away, as far as I am concerned, stay in shape and clean yourself up. Developing a sense of style sets you apart from the crowd and makes you sexier, so try. At least do the minimum, clean clothing that fits, no holes."

You make a valid point. It is certainly easier to change one's appearance and tidy up than it is to change one's personality in order to attract more women.
Monsieur Chariot, incandescent, MotMisa, CMGrowell, Tijo, LadyMiko, ScottK, TreGibbs, Phaedo, thank you all for your kind comments. Unfortunately I lack the time to answer you all personally.

LadyMiko: I changed the title of the first point for you.
Percy Flage wrote:

"Obviously not all women use sex for power and control nor do they all need to be drunk. I get the joke. Some of these stereotypes are based upon how *some* real women act. Especially young women."

Exactly. I wrote: "I'm sure almost every straight man here has dealt with a woman who used sex to reward and punish him."

Assuming the average straight guy has had sex with 10 women, that means there's a good chance a few of them have used sex for control. That's a lot different than writing "All women use sex for control."

The other offensive sentence in question was written from a guy's perspective "Because every straight guy knows the quickest way to get in a girl's pants is to get her drunk. "

And if a woman acts uppity from time to time, I even blame us straight guys for that for groveling too much for the young, taut ones.

I don't see the misogyny others are picking up on.
Travis,

I think you are so naive and wistful, it's kind of sweet. Grass is always greener, eh?

I've had partners of both genders, and I would be hard-pressed to say which was more incredibly complicated. In the end, I'd say that the same level of emotional turmoil was involved but with slight variations on the classic themes that trouble human interactions.

You seem to see gay sex as taking place in a sort of rousseauian "state of nature." Well, Rousseau's theories have lost punch over the years. It was a nice idea, but how do you separate man from social construct? And isn't this kind of a backhanded compliment? "Oh, how I wish I had the liberty of being as uninformed and promiscuous as the Trobriand Islanders... That would be so great. Too bad I'm normal."

Read a little Foucault, maybe. Have sex with the gender(s) who float your boat, watch whatever porn does the job... but brace yourself for the inevitable yearning, pain, ecstasy, and confusion that come from sexuality no matter who captures your fancy.

No such thing as no-strings-attached in this life.
Aw, Travis, you didn't have to. :)
Admission, much to my chagrin, I laughed despite myself. :)
I heartily agree with your assessments of gay clubs vs. straight clubs. Honey, if you wanna dance, go where the gay men are! Oh yeah.
I agree with everything Max the Communist wrote. Maybe because I am a woman... And I would add this to the list of The Straight Man's cleaning up and prepping up : brush your teeth, at least 3 times a day, and more if you smoke; forget the beer, the cocktails, drop the wine, we prefer to ENJOY what we are doing, with eyes wide open and the light on. Smelling alcohol on your breath is a NO SEX guaranteed.
Finally, look at the Italians: not only do they look good, they SMELL good. Take heed!
I agree with Tijo and M. Chariot. I saw this as humor with a bit of personal opinion and too many readers took too much serious issue with it as if you were advocating for straight men to "become" gay. Bushwah.

There is sex with love, sex for fun, 'friends with benefits' sex, hot stranger one-time sex and a list of others, proper precautions a MUST.

Gay bars are so much better. I'll give you that one hands down.
LOL! I'm so glad I'm not striaght! LOL
this post was excellent.

and kind of a turn on.


See? See how jacked up I am?
u didn't mention that in gay sex nobody gets pregnant, and nobody thinks cum is weird.
big news to the writer. you're in no way, shape or form, psychology...straight.
big news to the writer. you're in no way, shape or form, psychology...straight.
big news to the writer. you're in no way, shape or form, psychology...straight.