Jim Galt, aka Whoreville Redendcocker, made an Open Call in which he asked us to name twenty famous living or dead persons that we would like to have at a dinner party. You can read all about it here Open Call.
Since I have no chance of ever rubbing elbows with D-Listers let alone A-Listers, I decided to do it my way. Got a problem wit dat? I live in Miami and we do things our way here. You hear?
So I figured why invite people who wouldn’t give me the time of day let alone have dinner with me, when I can invite my Open Salon buddies? So here’s my Open Salon Dinner for 20 list.
Actually, there will be 23 attending since I have to be there, and I invited Whoreville too. It was his idea after all.
1. Behind Blue Eyes because no one tells it like it is better than him.
2. Tink because I am fervent about irreverent humor
3. Emily Holleman so we can finally find out who she loves more me or Tink.
4. Larry Lauerman because his posts are so animated.
5. Kerry Lauerman just so Tink can pee on his handmade worsted wool pants and fine leather wingtips.
6. Zumalicious she was one of my first favorites and you never forget your first.
8. ASH because his fiction is so out there.
9. Seth James his fiction rocks.
10. Natsuki Kimura kaze kare no shosetsu wa totemo omoshiroi.
11. Jeanette DeMain because her essays on obscure music genres and musicians should be taught in the universities.
12. Damon Walters because his gumshoe stories stick to you like gum on a well-worn pair of shoes.
13. Dirndl Skirt. She always serves up some something to really sink your cerebral teeth into with her Hell’s Kitchen stories.
14. Algis Kemezys. His photography is way out there.
15. Scanner because his writing reminds me of Bukowski’s
16. Little Willie because we need more of his brand of humor. Lots more.
17. Art James. Poems of his type are always in need.
18. Romantic Poetess. Her verses are like caresses to the soul.
19. Rita Bourland for coming back and with a bag of good poems.
20. Alysa Salzberg for her dispatches from the City of Love and maintaining the Fiction Weekend Club
I know some of you are going to piss, moan, and groan that I left you out. But the guest list was for 20. Besides, we can always have dinner tomorrow so there’s no need to get yer depends all in a bunch. Cheez!