hi all! so glad that open salon is working again. did ya miss me?
I saved up a bazillion links since last summer but didnt have the chance to post em because of open salon woes. also after the links, a huge backlog of Beautiful Women of Open Salon (click on the pics to go to their blogs).
this stuff was all pretty cutting edge a half year ago but time flies esp in cyberspace!
and coincidentally few of these women have blogged since last summer. yikes! wait! dont leave! heck its so sad that there was a pretty great party with critical mass going on, and then it all vaporized in a flash. heres hoping it can recover!
[my sig other just caught me writing up this post & is rolling her eyes. "beautiful women version one zillion" she says. I reply, "its a tragedy! its like all these women were lined up behind the stage door ready to go on for the beauty pageant, but the door was locked and the cameras were broken! now, they have their chance to shine!" ... more eyerolling!]
these are misc links on gender, marriage, sex, etcetera that I found interesting/compelling. just surf the titles for a glimpse into the cyber & mass unconscious. defn hope to hear what ya think, your own take, in the comments!
the big news last summer was the phenomenal sales of 50 Shades of Grey book. I already unleashed a set of links on that awhile back, but had a bunch left in the queue. its being turned into a movie! has anyone heard who's gonna star in it? it will be quite interesting to see how hollywood translates this one and how it will compare to the book. finally, a chick flick I might be able to relate to =) .. on one level this is lame, but on another, its gotta be appealing to the hot MILF/Cougar crowd, and thats something I can appreciate!
the other cool story from last summer is Naomi Wolfs very controversial book on Vagina. this caused a lot of media ripples. it seems very sex-positive and female-positive and for that, of course its getting excoriated and lambasted in the media! she writes glowingly of sex in its full powers, and society can only snicker or ridicule her. but the ancient tantric mystics had it right, and let me just say, it has much more to do than what is written in Cosmo, wink
next, that modern scourge or erotic art form, Porn. it seems to be very much in the news lately. its now about one half generation since ubiquitous internet porn arrived on the scene, and its not an entirely pretty picture. I think one main lesson here is that people who dont have self control are sort of weeded out of the gene pool, and its not pleasant to watch. "evolution in action".
oh yeah I cranked up an essay recently on my ipad on "how to be a top 100 woman" after reading an interview with jennifer luv hewitt. my original idea was to plug it into this post, but I suspect that you guys have a pretty short attention span and can get overloaded really easily, and that already Im way over the threshhold! so, until next time, hope you enjoy this, hope to hear from ya, if anyone is still out there! =)
- Cagle Post » Partying with Prostitutes
- Russia’s Single Ladies Fed Up With Country’s Useless Bachelors - The Daily Beast
- 5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women | Cracked.com
- Marriage and the Art of Game Theory - The Daily Beast
- Tracy McMillan: Why You're Still Not Married
- Tracy McMillan: Why You're Not Married
- Man snuck girlfriend Kola McGrath into his apartment by carrying her inside a pink suitcase after she was banned | Mail Online
- ‘Whores’ Glory,’ a Documentary by Michael Glawogger - NYTimes.com
- 'We're not prostitutes': The sex surrogates helping real life 40-year-old virgins overcome crippling inexperience with one-on-one coaching | Mail Online
- Sugar daddy Tommy 63, and his 21-year-old girlfriend Monte talk money, shopping and the bedroom | Mail Online
- 16 Most Outrageous Reality TV Dating Shows | Photo 1 of 16 | EW.com
- BBC News - Microsoft fixes 'big boobs' coding gaffe
- 'She leaned in and kissed me full on the lips': Did Marilyn Monroe have a lesbian affair with a 16-year-old girl? | Mail Online
- Chinese Not Surprised By Zhang Ziyi Scandal - The Daily Beast
- Scott Barry Kaufman, Ph.D.: 'Do You Have Any Raisins? No? Well Then, How About a Date?': The Psychology of Pick-up Lines
- BIC pens for her become the most sarcastically reviewed product on Amazon | Mail Online
- Naomi Wolf Talks 'Vagina' And 'The Beauty Myth'
- What's So Terrible About Calling Vaginas "Yonis?" | Alternet
- The 'dark side of Barbie and Ken's marriage': Artist's extraordinary photos tell tale of dolls' miserable relationship | Mail Online
- AdoptAGuy: French dating site launches travelling store for women where men are literally on the shelf | Mail Online
- Juliette Fretté: Are You Fifty Shades of Crazy?
- Fifty Shades Of Grey movie: 'Scarlett Johansson is the perfect Ana' says writer Bret Easton Ellis | Mail Online
- An Erotic Novel, ‘50 Shades of Grey,’ Goes Viral With Women - NYTimes.com
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ - S-and-M Cinderella - NYTimes.com
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey,’ by E. L. James, in Demand at Libraries - NYTimes.com
- Fifty Shades Of Grey author EL James making more than $1m EVERY WEEK | Mail Online
- Universal just dropped a bunch of money on "mommy porn" Fifty Shades Of Grey | Film | Newswire | The A.V. Club
- Marisa Bennett: 9 Naughty Sex Tips From 'Fifty Shades Of Grey'
- What women want or 'Fifty Shades' to please your lover - Beverly Akerman MSc - Open Salon
- Author Jilly Cooper: 'Bonkbuster' is dead because women have lost their libidos - Telegraph
- Dr. Logan Levkoff: 5 Ways to Have More Orgasms
- Jennie Ketcham Interview: Recovering From Sex Addiction - The Daily Beast
- Kim Ramsey, 44, Plagued By 100 Orgasms A Day
- Woman who has up to 100 orgasms a DAY left in agony as even doing housework can trigger a climax | Mail Online
- The Endless Orgasm - Newsweek and The Daily Beast
- Kristen Mark: Female Orgasm: Serving an Evolutionary Function?
- Jill Blakeway: Sexless Marriage? The Ancient Taoists Can Fix That For You
- Why your one-night-stand might be the one you spend your life with | Mail Online
- The Fascinating Story of the Original Sexual Revolution | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
- James G. Pfaus: Who's Afraid of the Vagina-Brain Connection?
- Jill Di Donato: Sexual Fantasies: The One I Made Come True
- Sorry darling, I just can't help it: How scientists have found out the real reason why many men fall asleep after sex | Mail Online
- Emily Timbol: The Damage of Overvaluing Virginity
- Lolo Jones: Olympic hurdling star can't find a boyfriend because she's a virgin | Mail Online
- Researchers claim you can instantly know a woman's sex history from the way she walks | Mail Online
- How an Omniscient Internet ‘Sextortionist’ Ruined the Lives of Teen Girls | Threat Level | Wired.com
- How Live Sex Will Save The Porn Industry
- Is sex no longer selling for Abercrombie & Fitch? Why today's teenagers are no longer seduced by once-hip chain's racy ads | Mail Online
- The lads' mag I edited turned a generation on to porn - and now I'm a father I bitterly regret it: A remarkable confession from the longest-serving editor of Loaded | Mail Online
- Men who look at porn 'damage their partner's self-confidence' - and habit can even break up happy relationships | Mail Online
- Women And Objectification: Brain Sees Men As Whole, Women In Parts (STUDY)
- Sexting has become normal behaviour for young adults who date | Mail Online
- Couple open up about husband's recovery from 30-year addiction to pornography | Mail Online
- 'Naked Before The Camera' Explores Nude Photography At The Metropolitan Museum Of Art (PHOTOS, NSFW)
- Oxbow Academy: Desert boot camp helps teens beat addiction to internet porn | Mail Online