It’s like you just found out that your best friend 'Peanut Butter Cup' has a sexy older sister.
She is more voluptuous and worldly than the friend you sat on the swings with; more evil temptress than trustworthy friend.
That is what you'll find in this recipe, all tarted up for Halloween.
The peanut butter filling is silky and depending upon your mood, either smooth or cobbled with toothsome nuggets.
I usually dip them up to their eyeballs in intense dark chocolate, but I couldn’t resist the visual of a pale amber iris and dark brown pupil encased in white chocolate globes with threads of red radiated out.
They are ridiculously easy to make; give them a try.
I'll keep an eye out for you.
1½ cups peanut butter(one entire jar)
½ cup butter, softened
1 box confectioners' sugar
White chocolate for dipping
Dark chocolate or black icing
1. Combine peanut butter, sugar and butter in mixing bowl.
2. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out and you hands to roll and squeeze into a ball . Place on a plate or cutting board.
3. Melt chocolate (white in this case).
4. Use a toothpick to pick up each ball and dip into chocolate, covering only three-quarters of each ball. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
5. Add dark chocolate pupil and red icing red eye.
Even if you're not in the mood for candy making, I'm glad you droppped by...
Have a cookie.